• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GRF 5726 V2?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I can't get the video to play unless it appears I download Youku. However after looking at TrustyTime website they have a video of this GRF V2, and when he winds the watch with the crown all the way pulled out to change the time, it appears the moonphase indicator or disk is not moving as fast or even at all when he changes the date indicator, which likely means the moonphase is not just a 24 hour disk since it would need to be set by many rotations of the hands.

Good news they put the working moonphase in V2! I will order one! And I guess I'll download Youku!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I watched the Youku video, I speak Chinese so I can understand is saying several new things. The bracelet is more flexible and the thickness of the case is 10mm. Also he does confirm it is a working moonphase which takes a month to go around one full rotation.

One thing I don't understand is why some TDs have not listed this GRF as a V2. Seems like it is definitely deserving of a V2 definition since the upgrades are quite significant.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I'm surprised not more people are interested in this piece from GRF. The V1 was already a very high quality rep especially when compared to the other factories like PF and V9F that released their versions of the GRF. By far the GRF is way better in terms of case construction and closer to gen dial characteristics in my opinion. And now GRF release this V2 with working moonphase. This is worth the upgrade from V1 to V2 GRF. True there are some things the GRF has which are not gen, such as the placement of the pushers on the sides of the case they are not centered along the middle axis. But to me that is minor and this is a great rep especially V2.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I'm surprised not more people are interested in this piece from GRF. The V1 was already a very high quality rep especially when compared to the other factories like PF and V9F that released their versions of the GRF. By far the GRF is way better in terms of case construction and closer to gen dial characteristics in my opinion. And now GRF release this V2 with working moonphase. This is worth the upgrade from V1 to V2 GRF. True there are some things the GRF has which are not gen, such as the placement of the pushers on the sides of the case they are not centered along the middle axis. But to me that is minor and this is a great rep especially V2.

I actually do like the white dial model a good bit. Unfortunately there are a few things that made me hold off on going for this or the V9F model. On the GRF model they also suffer from having their day month calendar a bit too low on the dial. It should be closer to “Patek Philippe”.

The glass mirror on the date window is also an issue for me but I realize it could be easily taken out. Others have said the date window at the bottom is a bit too sunken which seems to be the case but it isn’t a big deal for me. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I actually do like the white dial model a good bit. Unfortunately there are a few things that made me hold off on going for this or the V9F model. On the GRF model they also suffer from having their day month calendar a bit too low on the dial. It should be closer to “Patek Philippe”.

The glass mirror on the date window is also an issue for me but I realize it could be easily taken out. Others have said the date window at the bottom is a bit too sunken which seems to be the case but it isn’t a big deal for me. Just my 2 cents

Yes I agree those things bother me as well. But this GRF has the best looking dial apart from the issues you mention above. It still has flaws and these flaws are quite noticeable but still a nice attempt at the 5726 in my opinion.

johnying

15/1/14
tangokilo I see you've also been in the V9F thread - is it mainly on the pics provided that you think case construction and dial are better? My eyes are very new to this so trying to find the differences as both have moonphase and were released not too far apart from each other.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
tangokilo I see you've also been in the V9F thread - is it mainly on the pics provided that you think case construction and dial are better? My eyes are very new to this so trying to find the differences as both have moonphase and were released not too far apart from each other.

Hi Johnying, I have looked at all the versions of this 5726 release, the PF, the GRF, and V9F. There are many flaws with all of these versions. From location of the Patek logo, placement of the month and day openings, thickness of the case, etc. They are all flawed.

However, to my eyes and by studying the different rep versions with the gen, I believe that the best looking version is the GRF. Pay close attention to one detail at a time. For instance, Google a picture of the gen black dial 5726, then compare it to all versions of the rep but look only at the details around the month and day window openings. You can see the PF looks terrible in comparison.

Next compare the date opening that has a magnifying discount on all the reps. Obviously this is a huge flaw, but if you look at the actual opening of the date window on all the reps in comparison you will see the GRF is much closer to gen. The V9F version looks terrible and unfinished on the date window opening.

I just sold my GRF 5726 grey dial V1 and I ordered the GRF black dial V2. The upgrades to the new version are significant enough to warrant this in my opinion. Also, since I did own the GRF version I can say with authority that the GRF version is very well made. That's what I base my opinion on against the other rep versions of this 5726.

Hope that helps, and I'll post pics when I get the QC from the TD.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Still I am waiting for QC pictures. Has anyone at all ordered this??

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
looks like we, at least I, eagerly await your review, especially having spent time and having intimate knowledge of the V1 :)

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
looks like we, at least I, eagerly await your review, especially having spent time and having intimate knowledge of the V1 :)

I will make a good review when I receive the watch. I will also post pictures of the QC when I finally get them. I am hoping there will be no issues with the first QC I receive.

The V1 was already a very quality feeling watch in terms of the materials. There are of course many aspects of the V1 and V2 that are not like the gen. To me those are not so bad, the two main things are the magnifying disc over the sunken date wheel and the position of the day and month windows being too low on the dial. Also the pushers on the side are not centered along the middle axis of the side of the case.

Again I can look past these issues because I feel the quality of the materials used are quite nice.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Finally got QC today. Everything looks good from my opinion. Question is has anyone had a TD send a video clip of the changing of the date, month, day, moonphase, or anything like that? Normally I wouldn't ask that but this watch has quite a few complications. Anyway here is the QC I've accepted:

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Finally got QC today. Everything looks good from my opinion. Question is has anyone had a TD send a video clip of the changing of the date, month, day, moonphase, or anything like that? Normally I wouldn't ask that but this watch has quite a few complications. Anyway here is the QC I've accepted:

Nice watch - definitely looking forward to your review once you get it in your hands.

My TD doesn’t send videos but I know there are some who will upon request.

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
Despite the obvious, great looking watch, isn't it? I really hope it exceeds your expectations once you get it!

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19

It looks like you really love this model :)
On every thread of this model you are the most active member. Could you please let us know about the quality of the watch when you receive it? I am only concerned about the quality and how it feels in real life
Thanks in advance

Sent from the RWI App

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It looks like you really love this model :)
On every thread of this model you are the most active member. Could you please let us know about the quality of the watch when you receive it? I am only concerned about the quality and how it feels in real life
Thanks in advance

Sent from the RWI App

Haha yes I have noticed at times I am having a conversation with myself in this thread lol.

I do like this model, and the GRF V1 I had was very quality made. GRF did only change the moonphase functionality and look for the V2 so I am certain the bracelet and case will still be the same quality on the V2.

I am even considering getting a GRF 5711 because the quality of the bracelet is so good.

Once I get this I will do a review no worries. Still has not shipped even though I approve the QC pics a few days ago.

Reactions: C.gjinika

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
You can tell GRF has good quality because I have never had a problem with the hour markers with any GRF I have even other models besides this. The hour markers are always very straight and aligned.

Reactions: C.gjinika

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
You can tell GRF has good quality because I have never had a problem with the hour markers with any GRF I have even other models besides this. The hour markers are always very straight and aligned.

Yes that might be true but I want to know what is the quality of the materials used to build up the watch. I read from another member that the quality is medium range. Thats what is keeping me from getting this one. If any of the members who got this model and also had the 5711 ppf v3 or any high quality rep, please make an comparisons of qualities
Thanks

Sent from the RWI App