• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Grey Yacht-Master 126622-0001 Gen, Clean, VR, GM, CS Comprehensive Comparison

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
I own the CF YM rhodium (along with various others ie. CF daytona, VSF sub, ZF 15400/15703 etc.) and i'd rank it up there as the best rep I own and dare I say the best rep CF has put out. The crystal isn't Deep but it does have a black hole effect. In any event, nowhere near as bad as some other Clean reps that get maligned; and that might be the only thing you notice on the wrist if you're picky (other than the bezel not being platinum obviously). It's a monochrome watch though; some people might get bored with it. But if you like the design, you'll love the watch.

I'd search for and read through the CF YM thread. I never wanted this watch until I read peoples' reviews on it.

Reactions: LibertyTree

geestyleed

Known Member
7/6/15
Great review! I really want the Clean version but I’m seeing a lot that bought one and then sold after buying. For those that bought the Clean version and then sold it, what were your reasonings/dislikes about the Clean version?
I also noticed that and I was suprised about that. I have one and I have to say that it is a really stunning and beautiful watch - I have also modded it with a gen crystal & TomRep Mod - so it is a keeper.

However, I think that some may not like the style when they have it. Qualitywise I do not see a point of selling it again...

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Great review! I really want the Clean version but I’m seeing a lot that bought one and then sold after buying. For those that bought the Clean version and then sold it, what were your reasonings/dislikes about the Clean version?
We have received feedback from friends that the bezel are prone to fingerprints and stains and look a bit dirty, which I think is why many don't like them, but of course this is a problem in most factories.

geestyleed

Known Member
7/6/15
If it is to be modified, replacing GEN crystals is the priority

If it is to be modified, replacing GEN crystals is the priority
Just as a side note, mine is a Gen Sub-Crystal and not a Yachtmaster one - it fits, but there is likely a minor difference in thickness :)

Freoguitar

Certified
15/11/21
Just as a side note, mine is a Gen Sub-Crystal and not a Yachtmaster one - it fits, but there is likely a minor difference in thickness :)
I believe the gen sub crystal has AR coating whereas the gen Yachty crystal does not.

Probably explains why the dial really pops here.

Well done.

FG.

Relos_Indios

Known Member
10/3/23
Asia
I'm surmising the complaints are probably similar to the gen: polished links easily get scratched, looks small for a sub, too reflective in the sun, or basically, too flashy compared to a tool watch.

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
I'm surmising the complaints are probably similar to the gen: polished links easily get scratched, looks small for a sub, too reflective in the sun, or basically, too flashy compared to a tool watch.
If the polished part is scratched, it looks unpleasant, or at least it does for me,lol.

BUBEST

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/21
Can anybody share their experience witch the VSF Yachtmaster 126622?
I am also interested in this, now that VSF is released, I wonder who is better between VSF and Clean.

Reactions: Django51

chrisomatic

22/6/15
I guess we would need a new review, GEN VS CF VS VSF.

steve, whats your call on this? 😜

spaceman007

5/1/22
Anyone seen any updates to the VSF YM42?

Original release, the hands color did not match the Yachtmaster on the dial. Wondering if they have fixed that yet.

BUBEST

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/21
Love these kinds of comparisons, and thanks Steve for working on this