• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greeting from NorCal

mackdaddy7

Horology Curious
13/4/06
Just wanted to drop a quick message and announce that my lurking days are over. I think I have done the requisite reading over the last few weeks to get a decent understanding of the rep world and I am ready to join some of the discussions.

The first few days I tried to limit my time on the forums, but then I just gave up and admitted that my interest in reps has gone from a hobby to an addiction. I'm sure many of you understand.

Chicken Manny

22/3/06
Welcome from another NorCal watch guy!

Enjoy and say goodbye to your money.

Cheers,
CM

mackdaddy7

Horology Curious
13/4/06
Thanks Chicken Manny! Since you are also from NorCal, do you know of any local watchsmiths that will service reps and not charge outrageous prices. I've had trouble finding a good watchsmith in my area.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Greatings and an nice big official Welcome to the Dark Side!

Since you feel addicted already and have been lurking for a bit, I trust you already know to stay away from the Panerai.

Chicken Manny

22/3/06
mackdaddy7 said:
Thanks Chicken Manny! Since you are also from NorCal, do you know of any local watchsmiths that will service reps and not charge outrageous prices. I've had trouble finding a good watchsmith in my area.

I haven't found a watchsmith in the area that are rep friendly, although I haven't looked that hard. You will be able to find good watch repair/service guys on this and other boards. It really depends on what you need to have done, what movement, etc.

Cheers,
CM

mackdaddy7

Horology Curious
13/4/06
Roeod4 said:
Since you feel addicted already and have been lurking for a bit, I trust you already know to stay away from the Panerai.

Unfortunately, I already have the dreaded Panerai bug. 2 of the first 4 reps I bought are Panerais (Pam048 and Pam220). Like many others, I never knew what a Panerai was until I got here.

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
:D :D Welcome Mackdday7 to the best rep forum on the web. The dark side is a great place to hang out. You'll find it very easy to feed your addiction on this forum :D Hope to see you here often. 8) 8)

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
Welcome! and lock up your wallet and paypal account.
:wink:
You will find every possible watch you could ever want here!

Enjoy!

ljay

23/4/06
mackdaddy7 said:
Roeod4 said:

Unfortunately, I already have the dreaded Panerai bug. 2 of the first 4 reps I bought are Panerais (Pam048 and Pam220). Like many others, I never knew what a Panerai was until I got here.
Welcome Mackdaddy...I know the feeling...when I joined I was looking for the perfect daytona rep and then wound up buying four Pams and an Omega PO before I bought my first Rolex rep....go figure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ljay

jwrong

Horology Curious
16/3/06
Welcome!!! It is AWESOME here but it just gets expensive. I'm in the East Bay and have a watchsmith who is reasonable. PM me for details.