• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[GREEN factory] 126610LV

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
But what’s polishing got to do with lug taper? You just want to argue for argument sake.

The watchmaker adjusts the watch to the exact measurements.

No rolex case is the same as the next. Just as no rolex has the same height as the next.

I've compared my daytona to different gens, one was 12.30, the next was 12.42, the next 12.38

There's a variance they work with.

​​​​

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Lol you serious?

15a4c079b56db24b8985f6e22d287786.jpg

Yes I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
No it’s moulded then cnc’ed and polished. Same process for gen case and btw gen case isn’t hand made.
Gen cases are die forged, not moulded. One of the advantages is that 904L work hardens during this process. One can only speculate the following machining and finishing processes.
I highly doubt rep cases are be molded or forged in the production process. I would mill/ turn them directly from bar stock.

Reactions: KJ2020

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Bruh.

I thought the omegas have a decent clone movement?

Some are 1:1 clones (the 8900 for example). Others have a deco plate (like the one in showed you).

That 3235 from Green Factory (in the OP) is most likely an Asian 2824 with a deco plate.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Gen cases are die forged, not moulded. One of the advantages is that 904L work hardens during this process. One can only speculate the following machining and finishing processes.
I highly doubt rep cases are be molded or forged in the production process. I would mill/ turn them directly from bar stock.

This is correct, cases are die punched from a blank, then CNC machined on all axis and then final finished ( brushing and polishing ) by hand... which is a very skillfull process. Takes many years to be trained how to use the jigged lapping equipment and processes necessary to create the finished product And there are tolerances they work to.
If you look between the lugs of any oyster case, rep or gen you’ll see the vertical extrusion lines/marks from the die used in the hydraulic press. This area between the lugs is the only part of the case other tooling does not shape, this area shape with its sharp internal corner is not machined and is solely created by the press die.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Ps- press extrusion via dies is the most economical way to create watch cases and this goes for reps also. The tooling last a long time, it’s the cheapest way and the process takes seconds. Minimising mill and turning time is critical as this process takes more time and tooling wear is higher

Reactions: Thrasher

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Green Factory just released the 126610LV ,it's the fist vision of the 126610LV

Size:41mmx12.25

Case and Bracelet are made by 904L SS

Movement is A2824

Thats a big letdown...

Reactions: jasonbaylee

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Green Factory just released the 126610LV ,it's the fist vision of the 126610LV

Size:41mmx12.25

Case and Bracelet are made by 904L SS

Movement is A2824

Thats a big letdown...

Mate care to share your views on the big letdown?
I can’t deny the dw ain’t centralised

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Mate care to share your views on the big letdown?
I can’t deny the dw ain’t centralised

Id rather would have the new VSF 3235 cal inside lol. Dont get me wrong, the A2824 is a good movement, just would be awesome seeing a clone movement inside.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Id rather would have the new VSF 3235 cal inside lol. Dont get me wrong, the A2824 is a good movement, just would be awesome seeing a clone movement inside.

Beautiful isn’t it if a clear caseback. Perhaps Rolex Factory will do so afterall it is a neglected appreciation for the discerning eyes.
Hopefully they adopt the Design Thinking