• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Great watch received from Hont. SINN U2

Harley357

1/9/08
Just wanted to give kudos to Hont and add a few pictures of a watch I just received yesterday. The watch is flawless. As usual, doing business with Hont is a pleasant experience! Thanks!

Just changed to a NATO strap for the pictures. The rubber is fine - I just hadn't cut it to size yet.

Sinn-U2-3_2.jpg

Sinn-U2-4_2.jpg

Sinn-U2-5_2.jpg

Sinn-U2-6_2.jpg

Sinn-U2-7_2.jpg

Sinn-U2-Dial-Macro1_2.jpg

Sinn-U2-Movement1_2.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Very nice pictures! I love the close up and it shows that the rep still can't come close to the quality of the genuine ;)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Mr. Harley, as always your photos amaze me. Sorry Taka, I disagree, :D it's pretty darn close for a rep. :D I wish they would make a 2893-2 copy so they could get the crown position higher. But it's still an amazing rep! Thanks Harley! :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
R2D4 said:
Mr. Harley, as always your photos amaze me. Sorry Taka, I disagree, :D it's pretty darn close for a rep. :D I wish they would make a 2893-2 copy so they could get the crown position higher. But it's still an amazing rep! Thanks Harley! :D

The grainy red second hand is already a dead giveaway :p Also the fake capsule at 6 o clock position, dead giveaway.

How about the weight? Please chime in if you have the rep and weighing scale. My genuine on rubber is [s:penvidsn]190g[/s:penvidsn] 154g.

russtang

14/8/06
Looks like the second hand length and color scheme are now fixed! Thanks for the post Harley!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I tried another scale... It seems that the one that I use was faulty.

On rubber, 154gram resized to 6.7", butterfly deployant.
On bracelet, 202gram resized to 6.7".

It seems that the replica may be heavier than the genuine.

Harley357

1/9/08
harrisonvendlor said:
How much $ ?

Hont doesn't have a fixed price and there might be a difference if you are a regular customer or not.
Best thing would be to email him for a quote.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I really like this watch. I would not worry too much about any of the flaws, first you would have to run into the one in ten million people that even know what a Sinn is. Then I would be willing to bet they would not notice the second hand if they were wearing one.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Flaws are minute. For 1/10th the price of genuine, I still think that this is an OK watch to acquire. Besides, Sinn U series are among the most comfortable watches to wear.

RepGreg

Horology Curious
23/6/09
great watch!

maybe I am getting one - but could you tell how the lume is?

best regards

alankok88

Known Member
7/5/09
Hi Taka,

I just received my SINN U2 from trusted dealer here, fake capsule at 6 o clock position really obviously fake for the watch with me now....Just a white paint :( from the picture dealer sent to me, i notice this problem then check with him is it just a white paint or with capsule because i saw other dealer website is fake capsule? But, he told me, 100% same as other dealer because only one factory produce it.

Any one have SINN U2 with asian movement? Can check yours one and let me know whether same as me...white paint only and NOT fake capsule?

Thanks....

The grainy red second hand is already a dead giveaway :p Also the fake capsule at 6 o clock position, dead giveaway.

How about the weight? Please chime in if you have the rep and weighing scale. My genuine on rubber is [s:penvidsn]190g[/s:penvidsn] 154g.