• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greasing a bracelet: The right product to use

D

d4m.test

Read precautions on back panel? Are there any health/ allergic concerns from wearing different bracelets all Teflon - treated in 24/7 permanent and direct skin contact? That's why I only used baby oil spray until now, good results but durability unknown.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Why use anything but baby oil?
Only other thing is if you need a dry lube due to enviroment (eg: dust) in which case graphite is the go.

Teflon won't hurt you as long as it stays bonded to something. It's the fact in a conventional teflon spray it's not, it's suspended in carrier oils that can give a reaction. The oils themselves can as well of cause.

You could use a "bonding teflon" type lube such as Slick50 (not as good as it was) and remove all the oil afterwards. That would work quite well but i wouldn't be wearing the normal teflon spray on your wrist.

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Are there any studies showing Teflon to be harmful? I know teflon fumes are dangerous, but teflon by itself is thought to be safe. Aren't you ingesting a lot more from cookware? If you aren't using it at home, it is used everywhere else where food is processed.

i_like_shiney_things

24/10/13
The real question is - would you Teflon your baby?

That sounds like fun... and since I just bought a lot more than I need my daughter had better watch out ;)

(But seriously, I've read several reports where the contact with skin is considered entirely harmless)

Sent from my elephants anus via the medium of tapas talkas