• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GRAND SEIKO ELEGANCE GMT SS GSF (ICE BLUE DIAL ON BROWN LEATHER STRAP)

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
thanks for the write up and review!
would you say the date wheel looks pure white or does it have hint of silver?
No the date wheel is just white with black print, Unlike the gen Gs's.
It would be interesting to see if there are silver with black print seiko date wheels mods on the market. 😊✌️

Reactions: Triceps

kev0172

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
26/10/23
Wow that looos great @o
That's a nice looking watch.... needs to be here...

Review: Grand Seiko Elegance GMT SS GSF GMT Blue Dial

I recently received my Grand Seiko Elegance GMT SS GSF GMT blue dial from Puretime, and I must say, I am thoroughly impressed. First and foremost, a big thank you to Puretime's team for their outstanding customer service and to the RWI community for all the valuable insights and support.

This watch is truly a stunning piece for the price. With a reliable Seiko movement, it was a no-brainer for me. The beautiful sunburst dial and the reflections off the hands and hour markers, complemented by the thick crystal, make this watch truly pop. The craftsmanship is exceptional, and it shows in every detail.

The heart of this watch, the Japanese Seiko NH34 automatic movement, is renowned for its reliability and precision. Here are some key perks of the NH34 movement:

- **Precision and Accuracy:** The NH34 movement operates at 21,600 vibrations per hour (bph), ensuring a smooth and precise movement of the hands. This level of precision is perfect for everyday use and professional settings.

- **Durability:** Seiko movements are known for their robust construction, making them highly durable and reliable over the long term. The NH34 is no exception, offering consistent performance.

- **GMT Functionality:** The NH34 includes a GMT function, allowing the wearer to track a second time zone, which is especially useful for frequent travelers or those with business contacts in different parts of the world.
- **Automatic Winding:** This movement features automatic winding, meaning it harnesses the kinetic energy from your wrist movements to keep the watch powered. It also has a manual winding option for added convenience.
- **Power Reserve:** The NH34 provides a respectable power reserve, ensuring the watch continues to run accurately even when not worn for a day or two.

The strap, while a bit stiff initially, is still quite stunning. I’m hopeful that with daily use, it will shape to my wrist more comfortably. Some might say it’s a bit thick for a dress watch, but I find that it adds a unique touch, depending on what you’re wearing. The GMT function works flawlessly, and the date print, along with all other prints on the dial, is surprisingly neat.

I did notice that the 12 and 6-hour markers seem ever so slightly off, but it could just be my mind playing tricks on me. Here are the specifications for those interested:

- **Size:** 39.5mm x 13.7mm
- **Movement:** Japanese Seiko NH34 automatic movement, 21600 bph
- **Functions:** Hours, minutes, seconds, GMT, and date display
- **Case:** 1:1 replicated solid stainless steel case
- **Crystal:** Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with AR coating
- **Dial:** Ice blue dial
- **Strap:** Brown leather strap
- **Clasp:** Deployant clasp

Overall, I’m thrilled with this watch. The quality and attention to detail are evident, making it an excellent addition to my collection. Thanks again to Puretime for their exceptional service and to the RWI community for all the guidance and support. This watch is a real gem, and I’m excited to see how it holds up over time.

Hope this Helps 😊✌️
Wow looks great. Any regrets now you’ve had it for a few more weeks?

Reactions: ogh gee

kev0172

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
26/10/23
Any regrets, now you’ve had it for a few weeks?

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
Any regrets, now you’ve had it for a few weeks?
No regrets here after a week or so. For $200-$300, you get a Grand Seiko GMT with a Seiko movement, domed sapphire crystal, a comfortable and high-quality strap with a butterfly clasp, and a stunning dial. It keeps time beautifully.

The power reserve is average, but at this price point, it's hard to complain. You can leave it sitting for a day before it needs a shake. Setting the date and time is a breeze, so even if it falls behind, it's no hassle. The quick-set date function is handy, and with only two main time zones to track, I usually rely on this watch—otherwise, my smartwatch or phone does the job.

For the price, I couldn’t be happier. I hope they release more styles because I love GS. But let’s be honest, GS’s $5k watches look almost identical to their $30k ones!😂😂

This piece definitely scratches the itch until I decide to buy a gen. 😊✌️

Reactions: kev0172

CF_Stan

CF/FC, ZrO2, PVD/DLC STupid fAN
Patron
Certified
14/6/23
UK
After playing with the time adjustment functions, I just wanted to share my experience with setting the GMT function on my Grand Seiko Elegance GMT. The process is surprisingly straightforward. When you pull the crown to the first position, you can adjust the GMT hand by turning the crown forward. A neat feature I discovered is that if you roll the crown backward, it adjusts the date without altering the GMT hand.

To set the time, I found it easiest to first pull the crown to the second position and set your local or overseas time using the hour and minute hands. Once that’s set, push the crown back to the first position and adjust the GMT hand and date.

This functionality is quite handy and makes setting the date much more convenient. Unlike some watches where you have to wind the crown for what feels like forever to set the date, this method is quick and efficient. I hope this method is gentle on the movement, as it saves a lot of time and effort. I hope it doesn't damage the movment by doing so though 😅
Hope that clears things up.
😊✌️
First off thank you for taking the time to post the review. It's always nice to read reviews of less common watches.

Regarding the GMT/Date setting that you mentioned, I have a gen Graham Silverstone Timezone (GMT) and it has the same functionality. It's my only GMT watch so I thought this was the same for all. I'm always bumping the GMT hand forward an hour when setting as I'm so used to turning the crown clockwise to set the date on my other watches 😂 .

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
First off thank you for taking the time to post the review. It's always nice to read reviews of less common watches.

Regarding the GMT/Date setting that you mentioned, I have a gen Graham Silverstone Timezone (GMT) and it has the same functionality. It's my only GMT watch so I thought this was the same for all. I'm always bumping the GMT hand forward an hour when setting as I'm so used to turning the crown clockwise to set the date on my other watches 😂 .
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you found the review helpful.

I really appreciate hearing about your Graham Silverstone Timezone GMT. It's a stunning time peice. I admire its size and how low-profile it is. Compared to the GS, which has that heftier, more substantial feel, the Silverstone really stands out for its sleekness. That specific GMT/date functionality can take some getting used to, especially if you're used to setting the date by turning the crown clockwise. I’ve definitely nudged the GMT hand forward more than a few times myself, so I know the struggle.😅😅

But those quirks are part of what makes each watch unique. Even in the world of gens, it’s nice to see these little nuances that keep things interesting.

Thanks for sharing your experience! It’s always good to connect with others who appreciate these kinds of details.
😊✌️

• Love
Reactions: kev0172 and CF_Stan

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
I’ve been trying to get in contact with Puretime but the website link not working….sent email but no reply……any updated contact info for them? I’m interested in that Grand Seiko Elegance
tjanks so much!

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
I’ve been trying to get in contact with Puretime but the website link not working….sent email but no reply……any updated contact info for them? I’m interested in that Grand Seiko Elegance
tjanks so much!
Make sure it's their updated site.
The had to make a new URL a month or go or so.
I'll post a photo of the new URL from their office TG, but I'd suggest always doing your own research and making sure the link is legit. This link is, but I'm just saying don't take my word for it under principle. 🙂✌️
Always double check, best to be safe than sorry.

The @puretime Team Are amazing and extremely helpful when reaching out for help. They are my first and only TD I've actually made a purchase with, so i dont have any other orders feom TD's to compare. But their help was so thankful the one watch I wanted turned into a 3 watch order quickly. 😅
I cant recommend them highly enough from my experience with them.

Hope this helps 🙂✌️

Reactions: NilsD

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
Make sure it's their updated site.
The had to make a new URL a month or go or so.
I'll post a photo of the new URL from their office TG, but I'd suggest always doing your own research and making sure the link is legit. This link is, but I'm just saying don't take my word for it under principle. 🙂✌️
Always double check, best to be safe than sorry.

The @puretime Team Are amazing and extremely helpful when reaching out for help. They are my first and only TD I've actually made a purchase with, so i dont have any other orders feom TD's to compare. But their help was so thankful the one watch I wanted turned into a 3 watch order quickly. 😅
I cant recommend them highly enough from my experience with them.

Hope this helps 🙂✌️
Thanks! Just placed an order with them for the Grand Seiko Elegance SS blue dial….first time uising Wise….not so easy but finally got it done….i think!