• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Graham Chrofighter DIVER 28800 beat watch on its way to me.

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
Here is a one of the pics that HONT sent me last evening . He hand pics the watch from the manufacturers to elimate flawed merchandise and then mails it to you. He sends you a 2 pics of the acual watch ! Attached is one pic. I will post my own pics once I get the watch with my new 8 meg digital cameral with MACRO function. I have family funcion this weeked so it may be in the first half of next week even if the watch arrives sooner. This watch is "speaking to me' IT is saying " please wear me". HA HA :mrgreen:

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 951wo2.jpg

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Re: Graham Chrofighter DIVER 28800 beat watch on its way to me.

i love this watch and its definatly on my list! Cant wait to see your pictures!

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06

I got the watch. The Chrono fuction does not activate. I fully wound the watch and the stem is pushed all the way in. The watch appears to be working as the small clock face is turning smoothly at the 3 o clock postion. The small clock face at the 9 o clock postion is stuck at zero and the LARGE second hand is stuck at 12 oclock postion. I have not tested the watch for accuracey as I have had it only 15 minutes. Hont sasy he does not drop ship and hand inspects each watch . What happened?
I emailed him and will report back on how he clears this up. :cry:

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06

Problems solved. IT appears several other owners of the watch had the same problem on another Replica forum. The large lever must be pressed in 100 % until a loud click . This engages the chrono. You do it again and the chrono stops. The reset just moves the pointers to zero. You can press the lever 90 % and it will not work. I was affraid I was going to break the watch if I pressed more. I was wrong. This is good as the chrono will not accidently become engaged. The two other problems were the back engraving is glued on to the case back and few off within 10 minutes. Lucky for me I saw it fall off. I used epoxy to glue back on and it looks perfect. The opther problem was the wobbly lever. It rattled like cheap endlinks on a cheap watch. I used a gentle presure with needlnose plyers with thick rubber pads (no scratch) and the lever is perfect. I am thrilled not to have to send the watch backl to China. I appreciate Hontwatch getting back to me quickly. I can tell that he really cares about his customers. I will post a detailed review with pics next week . :D

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06

Here we go again. The watch stops after a half hour or more . It appears that it has no reserve unless it is on my wrist constantly.
I am pretty dissappointed with the watch in general. From the two glued on emblems falling off to not holding the time for more than a half hour off my wrist. It is a shame as it is a beatiful watch. :cry: :cry:

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06

Hontwatch says he will refund my purchase price and pay return shipping for the non functional Graham Chrofighter DIver. The Power reserve holds 5 - 10 minutes of wind time (with or without the chrono on). I appreciate his offer and will drop my credit card dispute (chargeback) once he follows through with his promise. I will take pictures of the watch prior to shipping and write a review.

Sincerely,

Steve

Ramiel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/07

Hi Steve,

You know, I am having similar problems with another Chronofighter from a different dealer. It looks like the quality of those watches drop a lot with the price. I bought 3 Chronofighters when the price was high and only one had issues with the back screws, but no issues with the movement. Now, I received a new model with this new price which the movement is a mess. My watchmaker with 25 years experience in high end watches told me that the parts were messed up and made with two soft material which does not work properly.
It is really a shame in a so beautiful watch.

steve12345

Banned
4/9/06

I agree it is a beatiful watch on the outside. Be carefull with the emblems on the rear of the watch. They are not carved or ingraved into the back case. In the first 10 minutes both emblems fell off. I reattached them and they look fine. It gave me a bad feeling . My suggestion is that the maker of the reps offer a quartz or japanese movement like Citizen or Seiko. This would elimiate the large failure rate. I still hold the Manufacturers (factories) reponsible. The Dealers should not have to hand inspect watches. If the dealers were selling say Seiko watches I bet the # of problems would be very small with Quality Control. Perhaps the Dealers out to band together (Union) and force the factories to improve quatlity. :(