• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Good Bye!

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
This wonderful little hobby that we all treasure does not require much to participate and to support each other. Merely,
common sense and a little respect for the community as a whole. When someone takes the alarmingly stupid actions
of passing off reps as gens on Paneristi and taunting the people there who paid many thousands for their watches, the shi*t is going to hit the fan and this kind of stupidity cannot be tolerated under any circumstances. It raises red flags, draws unwanted attention and has the potential to cause injury to our past time. Any apology for this behavior, while to be expected does not excuse the action. We can say the Paneristi are affluent snobs and who cares what they think, but that sort of logic is meaningless and clouds the issue. Admin did the right thing. Anyone who puts this community at risk should be banned, sooner than later.

robertk

16/3/06
The Paneristi are coming..........The Paneristi are coming!

OOPS! There already here.....and have been for sometime.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
We know that, Robert. That wasn't really the crux of the matter, IMO. The point was the willful deception on asad's part. We know there are members here with "a foot on each side of the fence" and we welcome that. Doesn't really matter to me which side of the fence you started out on, either. I started here and ended up there, with 3 gen PAMs in the family collection, would I be less welcome if it had been the other way 'round? I'd like to think not.

Gen purists can tolerate our seedy little hobby when it is for the most part harmless. When you intentionally deceive people, it stops being harmless and starts being personal. That is unacceptable, IMO.

I hope this might help clear up why he was banned, at least from RWI. I wouldn't suppose to know the specifics of his banning from the other boards.