• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT Master II 126710 BLNR Batman - movement either CHS3285 or DD3285

80sRetro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/22
London
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice / guidance. I'm buying a GMT-Master II 126710 BLNR, I'd like the DD3285 movement as I read it was the better one (?). I ordered through Puretime early January 2024 and so far I've been waiting more than 3 months with no sign of anything coming any time soon. Puretimes latest update a few hours ago (15/3/24, 6am UK time) didn't fill me with confidence of receiving the watch I ordered/purchased for quite some time.

The watch I ordered is:
GMT-Master II 126710 BLNR Blue/Black Ceramic Clean Factory Best Edition on Oyster Bracelet DD3285 CHS
$578

The options Puretime are suggesting I take rather than the DD3285 are:
Option 1
GMT-Master II 126710 BLNR Blue/Black Ceramic C+SF Best Edition on Oyster Bracelet VR3285 CHS
£578

or

Option2
GMT Master II 126710 BLNR Batman 904L SS C+F 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial on Oyster Bracelet VR3285 CHS
$538

I'm not sure what direction to take. Is option 1 or 2 any good in comparison to the Clean DD3285?

Many thanks for any advice

Shane

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
You are using their legit web site...

That's a good sign.

Can you post the email address(es) you used too, so that we can verify that you are in touch with the legit PT? Just to be sure...

Reactions: 80sRetro

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Thanks eBoy, I've purchased through them before so have been using the same emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Yup. All good! 100% legit! 👍

Well, I guess Rolex have reached the same point authentic Rolexes have reached during the Covid horology bubble peak = supply disruptions due to crazy demand. 😂

It's important to trust your TD and to not assume that they don't care or don't try everything to get you your desired watch.

Because they do...

But once in a while, things are just painfully slow, beyond the TD's influence.

Patience is paramount in rep world. 😉

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Oh, and regarding the suggested options...

Personally, I'd pass and just wait for the real deal to become available. 😅

80sRetro

10/12/22
London
Yup. All good! 100% legit! 👍

Well, I guess Rolex have reached the same point authentic Rolexes have reached during the Covid horology bubble peak = supply disruptions due to crazy demand. 😂

It's important to trust your TD and to not assume that they don't care or don't try everything to get you your desired watch.

Because they do...

But once in a while, things are just painfully slow, beyond the TD's influence.

Patience is paramount in rep world. 😉
Yeah, they've been responsive to my emails (every 2 or 3 weeks, not every day) and I can see it's out of their control. Prior to ordering the watch I asked for delivery timescales and they told me 1 - 2 months, so I placed the order in good faith.

Anyway, just curious if the options they propose are decent or should I wait, cancel or chose a different brand

80sRetro

10/12/22
London
Oh, and regarding the suggested options...

Personally, I'd pass and just wait for the real deal to become available. 😅
The other issue I face is that I'm leaving the UK so my delivery address won't be fixed

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
The other issue I face is that I'm leaving the UK so my delivery address won't be fixed
It will be good if you can let your TD you bought from know your change in delivery address.

This is important for us dealers so we can get the shipper to send to the correct delivery address.

Cheers

Maxx496

Life's too short for bs
21/3/24
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice / guidance. I'm buying a GMT-Master II 126710 BLNR, I'd like the DD3285 movement as I read it was the better one (?). I ordered through Puretime early January 2024 and so far I've been waiting more than 3 months with no sign of anything coming any time soon. Puretimes latest update a few hours ago (15/3/24, 6am UK time) didn't fill me with confidence of receiving the watch I ordered/purchased for quite some time.

The watch I ordered is:
GMT-Master II 126710 BLNR Blue/Black Ceramic Clean Factory Best Edition on Oyster Bracelet DD3285 CHS
$578

The options Puretime are suggesting I take rather than the DD3285 are:
Option 1
GMT-Master II 126710 BLNR Blue/Black Ceramic C+SF Best Edition on Oyster Bracelet VR3285 CHS
£578

or

Option2
GMT Master II 126710 BLNR Batman 904L SS C+F 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial on Oyster Bracelet VR3285 CHS
$538

I'm not sure what direction to take. Is option 1 or 2 any good in comparison to the Clean DD3285?

Many thanks for any advice

Shane
That was pretty long time to wait for a watch. My cane within a week to Canada from Ctime

Rockfly

Horology Curious
25/3/24
The Clean GMT seems to be the "best" one, especially with the DD3285. I was also offered a Clean GMT with the VR3186 movement. I am guessing this was old new stock?? This seems to be a good movement as well, so if you really want a GMT, it is another option. I shifted to a VSF submariner as it was my first Rolex Rep. They are more readily available than the Clean GMT. You also might want to ask other TD's if they can get the Clean GMT as some have a "closer" relationship to certain factories than others.