• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

gmt II pepsi

Alex89

Horology Curious
15/8/11
Hi,
i am wondering if there is actually a seller with a decent rep of this model, since the noob-gmt is not available anymore and i can't really find exact informations. thank you for helping me!

alex

coolnwow

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/10
Indonesia
Hi Alex, perfect clone has the new GMT 1675 models, you can check it there.
if you like the one with sapphire crystal, they also have.
you can try any other trusted dealer here in RWI too.

Alex89

Horology Curious
15/8/11
thank you, this model seems to be good, but I would prefer a GMT-Master II, is there any model you can recommend?

coolnwow

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/10
Indonesia
thank you, this model seems to be good, but I would prefer a GMT-Master II, is there any model you can recommend?

try timeshops, they has special RWI promotion price, interesting one. they have their own section here in RWI. good luck.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi,
i am wondering if there is actually a seller with a decent rep of this model, since the noob-gmt is not available anymore and i can't really find exact informations. thank you for helping me!

alex

TRY:
http://timesshop.net/215-rolex-gmt-

You have three options:

called “Swiss†2836
http://timesshop.net/6431--rwi-promotionro1174-rolex-gmt-master-2-ceramic-bezel-black-dial-ss-ss-swiss-eta-2836.html

A2836
http://timesshop.net/6430-rwi-promotionro1174-rolex-gmt-master-2-ceramic-bezel-black-dial-ss-ss-asian-copy-2836-.html

A21J
http://timesshop.net/6429-rwi-promotionro1174-rolex-gmt-master-2-ceramic-bezel-black-dial-ss-ss-asian-21j-automatic.html

Please see I wrote called "Swiss", not real Swiss

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
That's the ceramic model.

If you're looking for a good rep of the 16710, sad to say, there really isn't one at the moment.

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
That's the ceramic model.

If you're looking for a good rep of the 16710, sad to say, there really isn't one at the moment.

MR can get you a pretty decent 16710 rep. The only drawback, is that is has the "wok" rehaut. Other than that, it's probably as good or better than the Noob (hands, dial, bracelet).

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
I also liked the old gmt..I wish we had one with good rehaut...

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
MR can get you a pretty decent 16710 rep. The only drawback, is that is has the "wok" rehaut. Other than that, it's probably as good or better than the Noob (hands, dial, bracelet).
The wokky rehaut is the kiss of death for me... but other than that, the model you refer to also has really low crown position. Some of them also have the ETA date position rather than Rolex date position.

But yes, the bracelet is quite good on those.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
I am also in EU..I have ordered from MR and also some other members did..Go with him..
He is not doing the triangle shipping but you will not have a problem...

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I also liked the old gmt..I wish we had one with good rehaut...

Funny been watching TV watch shows....they call the rehaut a "chapter ring"...go figure, prolly a made up name.

sneed12?

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/11
A chapter ring and a rehaut are not the same thing. The terms are sometimes used interchangeably, but that's not correct.

Alex89

Horology Curious
15/8/11
thank you, so MR's version is not the same, the other dealers do sell?

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
I have bought from a few. MR's is the best out there that I have found. It's not a Noob, but I feel it's the best availible now. I've compared it to some Josh offerings, and I like it more. In MR's opinion to me in an email, he said this maker is the best for Rolexes, other than the "Noob Maker" as he calls it. Of course that's not counting WM9, etc., but you get the point.

Other opinions may vary, of course.

Alex89

Horology Curious
15/8/11
Thanks for helping me. I believe you, that MR's is one of the best you can get, but EU is not the same as Germany, I am pretty sure german customs seize nearly everything and the risk is too high in my opinion. So I ordered joshs retro version, because of By-Tors great review and I can't wait^^.

Alex

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
I had Josh's retro version, in both 21j and Swiss ETA (or so it was claimed). I sold both within 2 days because they were that much worse than MR's. How is Josh going to get one to you in a way that is safer than MR?

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
FYI, the "stick" markers (the non-roman II in "GMT-Master II") were only availible on the very, very last 16710's. Rolex made that dial to denote 16710's that have the newer movement, the 3186 that was to be used in the newer GMT-II C's. Basically it was the last of the old GMT-II's with the movement from the to-be-released new ceramic versions. So...there is nothing retro about the dial, in fact, it's the most modern 16710 dial you can get. Prepare yourself for the gritty-est movement you've every had. Not impressed with Josh's offerings.

Alex89

Horology Curious
15/8/11
Thanks for your honest help Greg325i, I appreciate it. Josh offers shipping through UK and a package from UK to Germany won't get seized generally. I know the only retro thing are the lugholes, but thats good for me, because I didn't want a retro version of the watch, just a good version. What's so bad with the movement?

Alex

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
Thanks for your honest help Greg325i, I appreciate it. Josh offers shipping through UK and a package from UK to Germany won't get seized generally. I know the only retro thing are the lugholes, but thats good for me, because I didn't want a retro version of the watch, just a good version. What's so bad with the movement?

Alex

Ah, that's a nice shipping feature. Just make sure you have it serviced. Both the movements in watches I've bought from that maker are kinda "gritty." Just have it cleaned and serviced, and you'll be fine.

Good luck, and wear it well!!!