• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Glashutte strap question

captainjz16

4/6/08
I think I've convinced myself to purchase a senator sixties, but I would like to put it on a nice gator or croc strap. This might be a stupid question, but is that possible? Is it also possible to use the buckle that comes with rep? If so, any direction on where to look and for what size?

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
I bought a nice croc from Panatime for my dress watch:

strap.jpg

wristie.jpg

Most straps have a 2mm drop from lug to buckle, so the odds are that you can use the rep buckle (as long as it is signed, that is worth doing.)

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Are you purchasing a gen? I believe the gen comes on Lousiana croc (I may be wrong since the last time I checked). If you're getting a rep - just wanted to point out that the rep case size is wayyyyy larger than gen, and the rep is also a manual (with an open case back). Which is kind of disappointing. A little off topic, but thought I should point that out, being a senator 60s fan myself.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Are you purchasing a gen? I believe the gen comes on Lousiana croc (I may be wrong since the last time I checked). If you're getting a rep - just wanted to point out that the rep case size is wayyyyy larger than gen, and the rep is also a manual (with an open case back). Which is kind of disappointing. A little off topic, but thought I should point that out, being a senator 60s fan myself.

If we're talking about the three-hand model Sixties...

The gen case is 39mm, the reps I've seen are 40mm. Is that the dimension you refer to?

Good point about the movement: gen is automatic. I believe the gen has a domed sapphire exhibition case back, however.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Yup - the three hand version with just the second hand. Maybe I haven't trawled enough through the rep dealer sites, but the ones I've seen are listed at 43 mm. I actually bought a rep from a local dealer which measured 44mm (cuz it was the best I could find...sigh...and looks like the reps sold by the online dealers), and 3/4 plate on the manual movement. If there's a rep out there at 40mm, could you point me to the dealer? Thanks!

And yea, I think the gen caseback is domed sapphire....absolute beauty coupled with the movement. Love staring at the gen pics *drool*