• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Giveaway watch for Kickstarter project- Orbital

wittnauer

29/11/12
Hi Michael,

First off, congratulations on actually doing what most of us would love to do... but never put into action.

The watch I would choose is SS with Yellow markings.

I like your choice of the Myiota movement and the 48mm case is awesome. The size is not for everyone but I'm a Panerai and Hublot man and have a wrist to make them look great and there is a big market for big watches.
What makes your design strong imo, is the balanced simplicity where I feel you must have painstakingly held back on putting popping design elements into dial and case. It is so difficult to restrain and curb your design from strong/bold design features because you want this watch to be recognized as your brand, ultimately. Instead I see that you reassured a beautiful understated watch that achieved an unmistaken design element in its well designed bracelet with those four lug screws. The case is not as understated as it appears seen from the front. As you view from around, the case reveals a delicate crown guard and it gives the impression that the timepiece is only on loan held by the four screws in an outer case. 5 ATM is enough, as most of us don't ever reach 3 meters below surface - ever... but 150 meters is great for snorkelers and most scuba divers so very marketable as such. The open case back is almost a must in new watches brought onto the market today and I'm happy to see you use sapphire crystal on both front and back. I would like to see the case back though and I don't see you mention AR. I believe a watch of this size could definitely use AR coating so that the sun-dialed face has a continuous presence and a glance to the date is enough to get it in one look. The face design is simple, very beautiful and easy to read time. The bezel and the second marker is where you put the options; three colours. Good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing a rubber band for this in the future since you are more than hinting it's great in and around water. My personal opinion for diving watches is that steel bracelets and sand tend to mark, although I have a few I end up wearing as work watches (I'm a General Contractor). Rubber's features are very beneficial to maintaining a superior looking timepiece, especially when you can easily place it original bracelet on. Leather... for the future. It's another story entirely.

Michael, I am excited for you and I wish for you to take a nice piece of the market. I will be following you.

BTW, have you been in touch with Ariel Adams from ABTW?

airking

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/5/09
I like the steel with red. That gets my vote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk