• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault Ocean Rover

bolts40

Renowned Member
23/7/16
Parrish, FL
I just placed an order for the Ocean Rover with cyclops and without cyclops. Hopefully I will receive these this week. Pics will follow. From the reviews I have seen online these are terrific watches....as we should all expect... Stay tuned...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

agd47

18/4/15
I just placed an order for the Ocean Rover with cyclops and without cyclops. Hopefully I will receive these this week. Pics will follow. From the reviews I have seen online these are terrific watches....as we should all expect... Stay tuned...

Sent from the RWI mobile app
Hi, did you get any discount?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

thelittleprince

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/7/16
Have you watched any reviews on YouTube? Even among the controversy, all of the reviews I have seen are way positive.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Since you got two, ill be waiting for the other on m2m :p

Real talk tho, im excited to see what you think! Im also debating getting one

James19801980

Supporter
Certified
27/4/15
Have you watched any reviews on YouTube? Even among the controversy, all of the reviews I have seen are way positive.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes - I've done a lot of reading and watched several reviews. There are obviously some who are pretty upset with the alleged lack of transparency on the movement origins and the marketing approach. Neither are big issues for me personally.

What I do care about is build quality and customer service. I don't think I've read much that is critical in that regard - so I am feeling hopeful. The general consensus seems to be that build quality is excellent. On the customer service front, so far so good. My emails have all been answered quickly and Ginault have been helpful generally. No pressure at all to write a positive review for the discount.

I also have a no date BK v7 on the way. With the Ginault discount and the extra I paid BK for a pressure test, the watches cost me almost exactly the same. I'm looking forward to seeing how they stack up...

hasel53128

I'm Pretty Popular
31/8/14
Ordered mine on Friday non cyclops model should be with me in a couple of weeks

fcb1900

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/15
Great watch but not 100% my taste, unfortunately
b8b838de7eafd67bbe6ca28aedcd4027.jpg

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/ginault-ocean-rover-rolex-hommage/634272878-156-414

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Anyone already tried to turn a ginault into a 16610 as now TC is not available anymore?

Sent from the RWI App

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
I am curious too if anyone else has tried to convert a ginault into a TC or a franken Rolex.....
I might email their service dep and ask if the movement set up will accept gen dial with dial feet.
Honestly, I don't think I would change my incoming Ginault SL ND because the aesthetics of this watch just REALLY speaks to me.
Can't explain it.
I am trying to work with them on another discount for the date cyclops model... If I can get that and swap on TC hands and a gen dial and insert, I would be pretty happy :D

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I am curious too if anyone else has tried to convert a ginault into a TC or a franken Rolex.....
I might email their service dep and ask if the movement set up will accept gen dial with dial feet.
Honestly, I don't think I would change my incoming Ginault SL ND because the aesthetics of this watch just REALLY speaks to me.
Can't explain it.
I am trying to work with them on another discount for the date cyclops model... If I can get that and swap on TC hands and a gen dial and insert, I would be pretty happy :D
There's a thread on WUS about comparing the ginault in parts against the rolex parts

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
*or at least the case and whether it is rolex spec

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
There's a thread on WUS about comparing the ginault in parts against the rolex parts

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Wish WUS wasn't blocked on my work computer :(
I have a tough time with that forum regardless.
I don't know why... maybe because I'm always viewing it on my mobile browser