• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[SOLD] Ginault Ocean Rover I with aftermarket bezel (conus)

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
About
Ginault Ocean Rover I with aftermarket bezel (conus)
Willing to Ship to?
CONUS
High Value Above $750
Yes
Accepted Payment Methods?
PPFF
Movement Details?
ETA 2824-2
Piece Origin?
See item description
Warranty Provided?
None
Item Condition?
Good
Why Are You Selling?
Thinning collection
Asking Price?
$825
Currency Accepted?
USD
Who Approved High Value Sale?
Raddave
Shipping Costs?
$25 for USPS fully insured or actual UPS shipping costs upon request
Are You Posting Handwritten Tags w/Forum ID and Today's Date?
Yes
Did You Read and Agree to RWI's Sales Rules?
Yes
Will You Post a Feedback In The Relevant Section of RWI?
Yes
Will you tell the buyer to not write about reps or watches in the PayPal comment field or in any other place associated with the payment option?
Yes
Transaction Release

I, as buyer or seller of any products or services on replica-watch.info (hereinafter referred to as “RWI”), fully understand that RWI does not warranty, guarantee, insure and/or have any responsibility whatsoever for any transaction, product, or service sold by, through, or as a result of any contacts or communications originating from the RWI website including, but not limited to, the sale/purchase identified herein. By proceeding with this listing, I fully release, discharge and forever hold harmless RWI, its owners, agents, administrators, employees and staff, and I release them from any and all responsibility and liability for any and all claims, costs, expenses, actions, demands, or damages related to the buying or selling of products and/or services offered in this listing.  By entering into and continuing with this transaction, I acknowledge that I am proceeding with this sale voluntarily and at my own risk, and that I have read the foregoing and fully understand the nature, extent, effect and consequences of its contents.

Up for sale is a Ginault Ocean Rover I. I have too many Ginault watches and have acquired several reps over the past few months and need to slim some down. While I find this blue bezel combo very nice, I decided it would be the one to let go. I acquired this watch from a Facebook group with a stuck bezel and questionable stock movement for a good price. The movement died a couple weeks after getting the watch so I replaced it with a new ETA 2824-2. The bezel was indeed stuck and wouldn't turn. The bezel subsequently got bent when trying to remove it. I tried for hours trying to get it true again but gave up and just put in a WSO bezel from eBay. I brushed the sides of the bezel as the whole bezel was polished and I also used a fine file to better define some of the bezel teeth. I would say that it operates pretty well actually and inserts snap right in. I was never a big fan of the stock domed crystal so I replaced it with a Clark crystal. The watch is in good shape considering the amount of wear it has received.

Box, Papers, screwdriver, two extra links, and the stock crystal with 2.6mm gasket are included.

*The stock insert has the slight crack in the pearl (see pic)

Price breakdown:
Watch: $550
ETA 2824-2: $229 Ebay
WSO Bezel: $85
Clark Crystal: $26
Movement swap: Free (H4 height hour, minute, and seconds wheels used from stock movement)
Crystal swap: Free

Total: $890 / Selling for $825 and $25 for fully insured USPS Priority within CONUS. UPS actual shipping costs available if requested by buyer.

Shipping within CONUS only. Preference: Mods>Patrons>Supporters>Members

All receipts sent to mods during HVS request.

Pics:

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
This is a members only part of the forum, you must log in or register to view this reply.

Reactions: ombre

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
This is a members only part of the forum, you must log in or register to view this reply.

Reactions: DD60

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16