• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF is back?

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Not even sure the GF boss is out of jail. A subordinate could have stepped up, or someone take advantage of all the connects they have to be the ones to start assembling. I mean there's a reason they're also merged with ORF....

None of us will ever really know unless we're deep in the game in GZ.

And I'd still wait to see about the quality of these new GOF reps. But hopefully they'll be as good as GF and refill the Breitling void. Been looking for a 34mm MUT for my girlfriend since they went out of business.
I remember reading maybe a couple months back that the boss of GF had been released from jail and people were speculating if they would start producing watches again. I’m assuming that’s how we got here, but it could be a completely independent thing, too.

Either the head of gf is involved in this, or some contingent of suppliers or employees started back up, by teaming up with OF.

Gippi

Horology Curious
23/11/21
Not even sure the GF boss is out of jail. A subordinate could have stepped up, or someone take advantage of all the connects they have to be the ones to start assembling. I mean there's a reason they're also merged with ORF....

None of us will ever really know unless we're deep in the game in GZ.

And I'd still wait to see about the quality of these new GOF reps. But hopefully they'll be as good as GF and refill the Breitling void. Been looking for a 34mm MUT for my girlfriend since they went out of business.
I just got my SOH II 42mm in black. please have a lookhttps://a202111041317341460003592.s...aiRw/_dx4qf0UD7uk6HxZmv4AzdlQ0Q-98Rqgjkzeb3Cg

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
Yes, I would love to see new/improved Chronomat chronograph rep and the new Chronomat GMT.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I always wanted to try the Superocean Heritage in blue bezel opaline dial. I had a couple blue SOH's from GF, one with Miyota and a step backward with terrible crystal with a2824 though with thinner rehaut which helped a lot. Fingers crossed for an updated Avenger Bandit with non horrible crystal.

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe
May have to dabble in and get a breitling once things become more clearer. Always wanted one but not too knowledgable on them yet.

OnTheSly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/23
Best Coast
I put in an order for a "GF" SOHII two weeks ago ago from Jtime:

I asked if these were "GOF" and he asked me if I meant "GF". I pointed him to this thread and he replied that, "The model we can source from the factory is the latest version."

Are these older GF stock?