• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF is back?

spaceman007

5/1/22
Saw posted on reddit that several TDs have announced GF is back ,the new factory name is not GF. GF and ORF used to be the same factory. The new name is GO or GOF.

Anyone confirmed this as well? Going to order all the breitlings once they are back to full production, lol.

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
i hope this is true. Likewise, I am ready to splurge on some breitlings!

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
please please let this be true. We need something higher tier than the TF/BLS options available to us the last half year.

My GF Breitlings remain some of the most solid NWBIG options in my collection.

spaceman007

5/1/22
please please let this be true. We need something higher tier than the TF/BLS options available to us the last half year.

My GF Breitlings remain some of the most solid NWBIG options in my collection.
Agreed. My gf top time is still one of my favorite reps ever

Reactions: vtzellas

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Just so I understand how this works...The owner of GF got arrested. He's now out of jail and presumably going back into business.

That said, I'm under the impression that the factories don't necessarily produce the component parts, just order and assemble them. Just because GF is starting back up, doesn't mean the level of quality will be the same as it was previously, correct?

The supply chains have to be all out of sorts with the customer out of the game for so long, or do I misunderstand how these reps are produced?

Reactions: vtzellas

spaceman007

5/1/22
Just so I understand how this works...The owner of GF got arrested. He's now out of jail and presumably going back into business.

That said, I'm under the impression that the factories don't necessarily produce the component parts, just order and assemble them. Just because GF is starting back up, doesn't mean the level of quality will be the same as it was previously, correct?

The supply chains have to be all out of sorts with the customer out of the game for so long, or do I misunderstand how these reps are produced?
Hard to say and impossible to know. Same thing happened to vsf a year or so ago and they are back to normal I guess

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Interested to see if the quality is the same…I didn’t think GF produced Omega

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
Hard to say and impossible to know. Same thing happened to vsf a year or so ago and they are back to normal I guess

This is similar to what some of my contacts in Guangzhou told me behind closed doors.
The so called „fabrics“ do not produce a single part by themselves (mostly).

They manage to source parts from several different companies, which some „really“ produce the required part or refine produced ones following the requested specs. (If you may say so)

The assembly itself happens somewhere, where it’s easy & fast to move to a different place, without having a big stock of assemblies onsite therefore.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22

Not even sure the GF boss is out of jail. A subordinate could have stepped up, or someone take advantage of all the connects they have to be the ones to start assembling. I mean there's a reason they're also merged with ORF....

None of us will ever really know unless we're deep in the game in GZ.

And I'd still wait to see about the quality of these new GOF reps. But hopefully they'll be as good as GF and refill the Breitling void. Been looking for a 34mm MUT for my girlfriend since they went out of business.

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Interesting that non of the models displayed are chronographs. I would have thought those would be a big draw. I guess we wait and see now.