• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Genuine Rolex 32XX Movement Issues?

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Hi all,
I've been away from RWI for quite some time.... maybe 4 years! I feel like a newbee again! Things have changed a little round here, I keep getting directed to read a thread when I want to read a thread?? Anyway after dabbling in reps and then some lovely genuine watches... Ginault, Nassau MK11, Squale etc I finally pulled the trigger on a Gen 14060M and its been on the wrist ever since. Just recently I was looking to upgrade it to a newer 124060 and had read some posts on-line about issues with the new 23XX movement having amplitude issues. Anyway, I found a watch to buy and met the seller at a watchmakers inn the city to check the amplitude before I completed the purchase (I literally had the bank cheque on me). Low and behold the amplitude was way down at 198 on a full wind. This 2020 Sub needed a service! I backed out of the deal and have sionce read more articles on-line about this potential problem that not many seem to like to discuss.... especially Rolex. So does anybody have any input on this subject and more importantly has a definitive fixed been put in place by Rolex or hhave I got to stay away from a newer Sub. P.S My old sub is looking more attractive evry day now!
Thanks.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hey mate - it is true that the 32.. had some baby problems when first came out. In services thos amplitude problems where fixed silently without Rolex telling the watchowners. So its updated now, no worry. 240-260 Amp is dial up ok, does not have to be 270+ like on the 31.. movements, but under 200 really is to bad.
Bought a gen in 2022 and am happy with the watch, even tho the amp is sometimes a bit low. Would never see this in a daily