• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen only wrist shots

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands

I have no idea when and were this watch was launched, But I bet everyone was stunned. I have this thought because I was 14 years of age when the first Quartz watches showed up in the showrooms. I was flabbergasted. And I fell for the marketing magic of the everlasting watch too (new batt now and then) Time flies. Enjoy your watch my friend

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
I had to chuckle to myself when posting a rare vintage gen Daytona over on the regular weekly wristie thread a couple of days ago flew entirely under the radar. Granted, I didn't identify it as a gen, but that is usually not required of our eagle-eyed RWI brethren. It didn't generate a single comment and only 1 "like" :eek:hwell:.

In the spirit of sharing with the "gen folk" who might enjoy looking at this beauty, I'm posting the shot here as well.

It's a watch I helped a friend buy this week. A "floating" Big Red 6263 - single owner, totally unmolested - no service parts, no polishing. Appraisal just north of $100k. Refreshingly (to me), my friend intends to wear it regularly. I hope to snap a lot more pics very soon.

IMG-2895-950.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I had to chuckle to myself when posting a rare vintage gen Daytona over on the regular weekly wristie thread a couple of days ago flew entirely under the radar. Granted, I didn't identify it as a gen, but that is usually not required of our eagle-eyed RWI brethren. It didn't generate a single comment and only 1 "like" :eek:hwell:.

In the spirit of sharing with the "gen folk" who might enjoy looking at this beauty, I'm posting the shot here as well.

It's a watch I helped a friend buy this week. A "floating" Big Red 6263 - single owner, totally unmolested - no service parts, no polishing. Appraisal just north of $100k. Refreshingly (to me), my friend intends to wear it regularly. I hope to snap a lot more pics very soon.

IMG-2895-950.jpg

That's a beauty bro, I noticed it and I think gave it the "like". I remember thinking man if that was a gen it would be worth some BIG bucks. Well whattaya know! I love these vintage Daytonas and just bought another one myself. This one is a "pre-Daytona" but I love the all silver dial and the simple tachy ring and pushers.

Pre-daytona-2.jpg

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
That's a beauty bro, I noticed it and I think gave it the "like". I remember thinking man if that was a gen it would be worth some BIG bucks. Well whattaya know! I love these vintage Daytonas and just bought another one myself. This one is a "pre-Daytona" but I love the all silver dial and the simple tachy ring and pushers.

Pre-daytona-2.jpg

You have always had impeccable taste in watches! :) That latest one is a beauty

Reactions: Ams55557 and KJ2020