• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Navitimer strap vs Bob

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
My genuine Breitling strap finally arrived yesterday and I couldn’t be happier. I picked this one up on ebay for a mere $50 Canadian ($45 U.S.), and because he was local, the gentleman hand delivered it to my office. As promised, I am going to do a side by side comparison with the strap that I consider to be the best replica strap available, the Bob Breitling strap. But, first lets take a look at the gen!

Comparison

Thickness.
There really is no comparison here. The Bob strap has a nice thickness to it, but it measures just over 2mm at the sidewall. The Breitling sidewall is almost 5mm. In my opinion this is the biggest flaw of the Bob strap. Anybody who has even tried on a Breitling would probably notice this lack of leather. The hump in the center of the strap is very good on the Bob strap however, and this is where the actual thickeness of the strap lies.

Stitching
Breitling straps are renown for the heavy white stitching that borders their straps. The Bob strap seems to have replicated this nicely, although I always felt that the stiching was a little to “outboardâ€

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i am curious as to why you didn't have hk tan make the strap for your navi? you could have had it made exactly the way you wanted it. thats what i have been considering.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I've spent too much time and money trying to find the perfect Navi strap. I just figured I wouldn't be satisfied until I had the real deal anyway, so I just kept my eyes open on the bay until a reasonably priced one turned up.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
andreww said:
I've spent too much time and money trying to find the perfect Navi strap. I just figured I wouldn't be satisfied until I had the real deal anyway, so I just kept my eyes open on the bay until a reasonably priced one turned up.

looking at the brietling site my blue navi is supposed to have a dark navy blue strap and i have been looking but i haven't found one so i was thinking about having hk tan make a strap like oem. i called my ad and they said the tang buckel strap is 130.00, the deployment was 330.00.

the noisey rotor is a bigger problem than somebody getting close enough to see your bob strap is not thick enough. you can't hear a gen rotor spinning from 5 feet away.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
service and timemovement.

HKTan is King..

better than from AD

K

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
hk45ca said:
the noisey rotor is a bigger problem than somebody getting close enough to see your bob strap is not thick enough. you can't hear a gen rotor spinning from 5 feet away.

My rotor is whisper quite. I can not hear any movement whatsoever. I can feel it turning, but hear nothing.

I was at my AD the other day an would have bought a brand new strap, but they had no black 22mm, although they did have blue. $150 Canadian + $22.50 tax.