• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

gen dials back to 2015 price levels?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah don't want it to buy just looked it up it's interesting how defective dials could actually going to eBay? I mean how the hell did they get out of AP aren't they normally get destroyed or something?

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
We had this discussion last summer when the NZ seller first started offering his gen AP seconds. These are gen dials but they are not perfect as they are clearly factory rejected. Now, the odd aftermarket dial can get mixed up in the lot but overall these dials are not fake. I cannot vouch for any seller, but I’m pretty sure I know the source of these dials and they should be legit.

Yet, to everyone their own

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Even at these knock-down bargain prices, I still see around 25 people who put these $300 gen dials on their watch list and never buy them. EBay listings of AP parts at clearance sale prices is like the "opera glass" phenomenon: those in the cheap seats get to see the stage up close with the help of their binoculars (here: computer screens): they do not acknowledge the need to pay extra for orchestra seats.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
will bid on bucherer dial from the nz dealer for below $100. some day chinese could make clone movement and build the mega franken :D

colorao01

10/3/10
It is impossible that these dials are gen with these prices., are rep.

Audemars is reducing stores and points of sale, to make the brand even more exclusive. and today it is very difficult to get dials, and parts since the Brand has prohibited the sale of parts avoid mixing them with replicas

So the prices are becoming more expensive, given the impossibility of getting pieces as before.

Reactions: watchboi

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It is impossible that these dials are gen with these prices., are rep.

I politely disagree. Some of them are very much genuine. But not all of the $600 dials are genuine. Look at the number prints on the subdials--that will be your clue.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Yeah don't want it to buy just looked it up it's interesting how defective dials could actually going to eBay? I mean how the hell did they get out of AP aren't they normally get destroyed or something?

Evil brothers who work for AP are pilfering them. The management is too busy partying and counting the money to mind the wares leaving the back door. AP does not have a body scanner for its employees--yet.

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
I saw these dials on the bay as well, glad to know they are not gen, had the volcano on my watch list...