• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
This is an absolute awesome guide :)

This is when i started thinking about a rep. for 2 reasons. 1. I can't wear a Gen in Mexico and 2. Having a rep you can beat up in certain situations, like playing sports and so on would ease my mind.

Regards John

John,

1. Your risk of mugging is just as big with a rep as gen. Robbers aren't going to check for authenticity before knocking u in a face with a brick to steal $20k off your wrist.

2. You could still damage your rep doing sports. Rep movements are definitely more fragile than gen.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
John,

1. Your risk of mugging is just as big with a rep as gen. Robbers aren't going to check for authenticity before knocking u in a face with a brick to steal $20k off your wrist.

2. You could still damage your rep doing sports. Rep movements are definitely more fragile than gen.

Both points correct, however:-

1. I was robbed at knifepoint last year - not just for my car but my phone, wallet and my rep Santos 100 too. I never felt so scared and smug in equal measure as I gladly took my rep and gave it to him knowing it would be replaced in a couple weeks! This happened in the UK btw so I wouldn't say it matters where one is in the world, there's no guarantee you'll take a brick to the face although I have no doubt I'd have been stabbed were I to have tried to resist handing my stuff over. Robbers not checking for authenticity is a good thing I'd say.

2. Reps may be more fragile than gens but they're also a LOT cheaper; in many cases buying a new rep to replace a damaged one is cheaper than getting the gen version of the same watch serviced...

Reactions: Foxxfire

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
1. Yeah that is pretty much my thought to. If i get robbed, a replica is easy to replace, plus having to wait 1-2 years again on a list to get a replacement would be horrible.

2. Same point on the sports, you have a good point, and a gen would probably take a better beating, but a rep is so much easier to replace, and we are probably gonna see new versions of both Noob and ARF this year or next, so chances of buying another one are pretty big either way.

For me it would just be nice to be able to use a nice watch in the situations where i would leave a the Gen at home. My Tag Heuers has taken a nice beating over the years, and i don't wanna do the same to a Gen Daytona

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
pics of the clasp?

VTcqts.jpg

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16

Thanks! You opted for the jubilee and not the super jubilee.
i ordered a super jubilee to not have the clasp but I was always in trouble choosing because in a sport watch I think that the classic clasp look adeguate

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I went for the super jubilee as well. But both solutions look good

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Thanks! You opted for the jubilee and not the super jubilee.
i ordered a super jubilee to not have the clasp but I was always in trouble choosing because in a sport watch I think that the classic clasp look adeguate

Mate this is the 126710 GMT Bracelet, so I thought this is also a Super jubilee but rather than a hidden clasp, it has professional easy link Clasp.
The jubilee that comes with a Datejust was a normal jubilee with classic clasp.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
having to wait 1-2 years again on a list to get a replacement would be horrible.
This is a great point that I didn't even consider - even with an insurance payout, getting a replacement Daytona after 1-2 years waiting would be extremely painful. The more I think about it, the more I feel that there's really no point in buying a gen version of this watch!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
This is a great point that I didn't even consider - even with an insurance payout, getting a replacement Daytona after 1-2 years waiting would be extremely painful. The more I think about it, the more I feel that there's really no point in buying a gen version of this watch!

If you get a proper insurance, watches are valued based on market and the value is reassessed each year. So the value of a Daytona is the value to get one on the grey market, not at an AD. That's especially true for vintage watches that are not manufactured anymore

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
If you get a proper insurance, watches are valued based on market and the value is reassessed each year. So the value of a Daytona is the value to get one on the grey market, not at an AD. That's especially true for vintage watches that are not manufactured anymore

Which only reinforces my feelings of preference regarding my rep Daytona.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Which only reinforces my feelings of preference regarding my rep Daytona.

Given that I contradicted your previous argument I'm not sure how that can reinforce your feelings, but glad that I did

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Given that I contradicted your previous argument I'm not sure how that can reinforce your feelings, but glad that I did

It reinforces his feelings because he still have to buy and pay an insurance, while he’ll not do such thing with his rep

WenR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
19/7/18
I heard from my local TD ( he usually buy items from china) that noob factory has been busted by local police, n will shut down for quite long term,,,
so it will be difficult(or impossible) to buy noob product right now,,,
sorry for my poor english, and apologize if the news is a hoax,,, _/\_

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
This thread is awesome....THANK YOU OP!
Sad that Noob is closed down. Can anyone confirm this?
And also guys please advise here when Noob reopns. Obviously, it's not much use ordering a Noob until they get back in business?

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
Nope, right now I'd suggest to wait with your order.
According to rumours Noob will get back to business in a few days.

Reactions: bastianbeat