• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
I've read this kind of thing a few times but much to my surprise my experience has been quite different. I fitted one end of my arf bracelet to my noob and it fitted in the same way. I only tried one end, just to test it though. Either way it the SEL fitment was quite good. Also I can't see any difference between either bracelet, which is why I didn't actually fully fit the arf to the noob. The clasp codes are different though.

Very interesting!

I'm waiting to get the noob. Will try it then :)

fillintheblank

Known Member
6/8/16
Did the guy swap the end links or a simple bracelet swap? A simple swap wouldnt give a good SEL fitment.
I was going to do an end link swap, but the whole bracelet swap gave me a much better SEL fit than the noob originally had.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: topreplika

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
I was going to do an end link swap, but the whole bracelet swap gave me a much better SEL fit than the noob originally had.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

That's great.

I had major SEL gaps on my GMT when I tired swapping the full bracelets. I guess it works well on Daytonas.

I hope they start producing them again.

CharmCitySummer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/19
Seems like every TD can't get Noob Daytonas at the moment, is this common, does production happen in batches?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Seems like every TD can't get Noob Daytonas at the moment, is this common, does production happen in batches?

This has just been discussed in the last few pages of this thread...

The Noob 116500 White Panda has been in high demand since it was released about a year ago, and has frequently been "out of stock".

Contrary to common belief watch factories are not the size of Western factories used by companies like GM or Ford.
They are in the main very low key small units usually in a mystery location with no outwardly visual indication of being a factory at all.

These small units are generally only only assembly points and most of the parts arrive from various manufacturer's to be assembled into a watch.

These components will undoubtedly vary in quality from shipment to shipment and the assemblers will use substitute parts if the original spec ones are not available.

This of course causes frustration from dealers down to customers but unfortunately it is something no dealer has any control over and 9 times out of 10 is unaware of the substitution being made

It is not an exact science and to expect it to be will only bring disappointment in most cases

Dealers can only supply what the factories currently have to offer so unless they are holding stock there will in most cases be variation from the original samples

Deliveries from factories are notoriously hit and miss with no real dateline so when a watch is announced and is coming in the next 10 days don't be surprised if in 60 days it's still not released chances are the factory were only testing the water when they said 10 days and production never started until they had enough orders to make it worth while.

All the dealers will have access to the same watches when they become available again. All you can do is pick a TD, pay for your place in line, and then wait. Sorry but that's the way it is.

CharmCitySummer

8/6/19
This has just been discussed in the last few pages of this thread...

All the dealers will have access to the same watches when they become available again. All you can do is pick a TD, pay for your place in line, and then wait. Sorry but that's the way it is.

So they are holding my $700... I placed this order last week. How long should I wait to reach out again? I do not want to bug the TD. At what point do I ask for refund. Will they give refund?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
So they are holding my $700... I placed this order last week. How long should I wait to reach out again? I do not want to bug the TD. At what point do I ask for refund. Will they give refund?

If you really want that watch, you should just wait in line until the next batch is ready. Having to wait a month or more is really not uncommon.

You can ask for a refund, but you may not get the full amount back.

CharmCitySummer

8/6/19
If you really want that watch, you should just wait in line until the next batch is ready. Having to wait a month or more is really not uncommon.

You can ask for a refund, but you may not get the full amount back.

Okay, will leave it with them and wait. Thanks

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Hope when they come back they come out with some racing dial versions or improve the 116520 black dial!

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

Noob is shut for now

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
So Noob is shut. Anyone know the status of ARF?
In stock or waiting period for that one too?

Considering placing an order but not sure about the timing..

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Haven't heard anything about ARF. Generally speaking you should always ask your TD if the watch that you want is readily available before ordering.

Reactions: DJ87

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

ARF Daytonas seem to be available, but watch the QC of the SELs, the Bezel alignment, and the quality of the painted numbers on the Bezel, as some have appear faded.

Reactions: DJ87

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
ARF Daytonas seem to be available, but watch the QC of the SELs, the Bezel alignment, and the quality of the painted numbers on the Bezel, as some have appear faded.

Thanks for the feedback and tips. I understand it is not allowed to post QC pics while still in the order process? But I would gladly accept any help with the QC pics if there is a possible way.
There is one thing I am a little confused over, just wanted to see if I got this right: The ARF uses A4130 which is a decorated 7750 movement? While the Noob uses SA4130 which is replicated from gen? I have to admit that it is not really too important for me to have fully functional chrono, that's why I am leaning ARF after reading it has a better finish in terms of bracelet, dial and bezel.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thanks for the feedback and tips. I understand it is not allowed to post QC pics while still in the order process? But I would gladly accept any help with the QC pics if there is a possible way.
There is one thing I am a little confused over, just wanted to see if I got this right: The ARF uses A4130 which is a decorated 7750 movement? While the Noob uses SA4130 which is replicated from gen? I have to admit that it is not really too important for me to have fully functional chrono, that's why I am leaning ARF after reading it has a better finish in terms of bracelet, dial and bezel.

You are correct about the movements. The separate part in this picture is a decorated plate added to make the a7750 look like a 4130.
PzTPMEk.jpg

You can post QC pictures if you have a specific question, like do these SELs look bad? Or does this Bezel look faded? You can also PM QC pictures.

DJ87

Gold Patron
Certified
7/1/19
Europe
You are correct about the movements. The separate part in this picture is a decorated plate added to make the a7750 look like a 4130.
PzTPMEk.jpg

You can post QC pictures if you have a specific question, like do these SELs look bad? Or does this Bezel look faded? You can also PM QC pictures.

I see, this was very helpful sir. Thanks again! If it would not be too much trouble I hope I can reach out when I eventually place a order with my TD on the ARF Daytona.

madmax42

13/5/18
Hi I have a question about noob's Daytona bracelet. Mine has some room between links if I hold the watch up vertically and move the bracelet sideways. Is it normal?