• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Crystal in VSF 116610LN - worth it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
But if you go with a gen crystal you'll never see dates in the upper thirties!

ZMedfp.jpg

Last edited:

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
But if you go with a gen crystal you'll never see dates in the upper thirties!

LOL!

Gen springbar added too.

Next step: gen hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
To be fair you believe your ARF 116613 gold colour matches Rolex 18k gold so......

I’m actually much wiser now like yourself. Spotted a clear fake blusey 15ft away in different angles and lighting. Called out straight away, guy actually had the audacity of saying that gen 18k can change colour over time with oxidation or tarnish. As wise as I am I obviously wasn’t buying it and was obviously an arf he had.

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
I’m actually much wiser now like yourself. Spotted a clear fake blusey 15ft away in different angles and lighting. Called out straight away, guy actually had the audacity of saying that gen 18k can change colour over time with oxidation or tarnish. As wise as I am I obviously wasn’t buying it and was obviously an arf he had.

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Hi! Received my new VSF 116610LN today and am blown away by the quality. I had purchased a Gen crystal and DW for another project and was going to have installed in this watch instead.

After receiving the watch and seeing it in person, I’m questioning if the swap of the crystal and DW are even needed.

If it was yours, would you swap them, or sell to fund another watch?

Hey mate, I think it's difficult to give you an absolute answer. Can you post a picture of the VSF crystal versus the gen one?

kangfromny

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/17
sit on the idea for a week. if you want to change it out after you wear it about for a bit then i say follow through.

pantfilip

11/2/21
Greece
Definitely go gen. I also use a lot Clark’s for my watches and they are a great cheap alternative if you don’t want to spend a lot on a crystal. I wouldn’t bother with a prof crystal either they are overpriced and the AR coating itself isn’t durable. If your going to spend that much on an aftermarket crystal just go a little extra and go gen it makes the watch.. the cyclops and date feature is one of the first things you look at and appreciate, Unfortunately nothing compares to the gen yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello where can I find Clarks crystals .? Thanks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeydingo1

1/2/21
USA
I think the VSF crystals are very good OOTB, as are the date wheels. You don’t really need to change them, but my VSF 116610 with Gen Crystal and DW is my favorite rep.
As someone else said—-“ Gen is Gen”.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

joeydingo1

1/2/21
USA
I think the VSF crystals are very good OOTB, as are the date wheels. You don’t really need to change them, but my VSF 116610 with Gen Crystal and DW is my favorite rep.

Sent from the RWI App

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

VSF crystals have that deformation effect when you look at the date from an angle, so despite good clarity and a decent black hole effect they're actually pretty bad. ZF crystals are better in that aspect or you can go Prof or as you did go gen

Reactions: P..DR..D

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
VSF 90% => VSF with gen xtal 95%
If that's your favorite watch I say go for it
You'll look at that rep with more confident and spend more time with it.

Reactions: P..DR..D