• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Blue Dial will it work with my Rep?

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Hello,

First, it is AMAZING to find a websight like this with so many people that actually know what the hell they are talking about!

Now, the question(s)...I can purchase a gen 2003 Rolex Blue Dial for a TT Sub. I am looking to place it in a rep (that I don't have yet, still looking for one of high quality). The reason I am contemplating this is because I understand the TT blue dial often looks "off" even in high quality reps. Do any of you that may have a TT blue sub feel this way? I also have a gen black/gold bezel insert that I would like to place on a black TT sub I own. Any recommendations on who can professionally do mod work and how would I contact him or her?

Finally, I wanted to thank you guys and gals for all of the great information and knowledge you share, and I want to apoligize in advance if my questions are somewaht ignorant!

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Yes you can absolutely put a genuine dial in a rep submariner, its been done, I believe it takes a little milling around the edges to make it fit.

I would expect to pay around $200.00 for a genuine dial, if you get it for less than that , its a bargain.

I would suggest going all the way if your wallet can stand it, get the crown guards done, solid gold mid link bracelet, waterproofing, take it to the max.

Precious Time says he has solid gold midlink bracelets available on his reps or you can get an aftermarket and have the clasps changed as well.

Your man for mods is RBJ69 known as Red Big Joe or simply, Joe.... he does all sorts of mods, he has one of mine right now.

You can PM him, he's a great guy to work with and easy to find, he's one of the moderators of the forum were posting in right now.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I'll second about Joe. He spent and hour and twelve minutes with me on the phone the other night! Nice guy!