• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen 116610LN Cerachrom bezel insert on the 'bay

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
I was so f***ing close to take it. Man, what a find! And it was in my country! Congratulations from my deepest heart! You're a lucky one! :)

Thanks for not taking it! Lol..... I believe that would have broken my heart:img:

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
wanna see a gen insert vs bp before u install

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
way to go Mitch.
can't wait to see the pics.
i can already hear the gnashing of teeth from the noob infidels who think the insert is not a big deal.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Lol... Pil ,,,,your right it's going to kill them..... the thing is this insert has never been pictured right,,,, I think Rolex plays with colors to prevent true pics of this insert from getting loose because I swear I've looked through thousands of pictures on the web and when you go to a A.D. and handle the watch in person it looks nothing like the pictures on the web,,,, that's why I think most of these guys don't understand how big of a deal it really is...... I think live1 had a change of heart about a week or two ago and I took Rudy40 to the A.D. in the town that I live in and I got to personally see his reaction,,,,,when you see this watch in person you instantly understand how big of a deal this is!
I knew you'd handled one early on which explains your now famous paint mod,,,, but even with that I know you've never been really happy with sub-c reps because of this insert.....
I wish these guys that are so outspoken about this model rep would not just say it, but really go to the A.D. and handle this watch......

After all the research I've done on this watch would you believe that the best picture I've seen to date is the one on the eBay listing of the insert I just bought..... Rolex even protects the pictures.....

Even jewellers have to provide a serial number and turn in the insert that's being replaced to get this insert......

arcadia

11/8/11
Thanks in advance mitch for the side by side insert photos. :)

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
I knew you'd handled one early on which explains your now famous paint mod,,,, but even with that I know you've never been really happy with sub-c reps because of this insert.....

lol, i sold them all and went with the gen bezel gmt.

your project will be spectacular. :cheers:

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Thanks in advance mitch for the side by side insert photos. :)

Don't worry bud, if all goes well and I'm alive when this thing gets here I'm going to post macros of this everywhere.. so may be able to mod something to work without having to go to these crazy lengths to have one,,,,, I'm thinking with really good pics pbdad may can do something with it....it's been impossible to even find good pics of this thing.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
wowzies! Subscribed!
Dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

live1

Banned
25/3/13
just goes to really show how far off the noob v2 and bp pearl are compared to gen.infact they are nothing like gen pearl.ive held my friends gen sub c plenty of times and get disappointed looking at my bp.or my buddies v2 hulk.mostly because the pearl on them

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Can't wait to see this insert!

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
After going through Mitch's massive thread about searching for a bezel and that he took the time and money trying to find a decent insert I am glad he scored this.

He saved the whole community doing the same, wasting money on the parnis or WSO inserts etc.

OK so the only way he was happy was getting the gen, but we are all wiser for it. Until we get a decent one then stick to your BP/noob one with a pilworx platinum mod.

I just can't wait to see this baby finished. With a bit of luck and some decent pictures maybe someone can figure out a decent mod to an existing insert.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
there is not going to be any fixing of the rep inserts beyond painting the engravings unfortunately boys.

the depth, smoothness and quality of the actual engraving into the ceramic is not something that can be "redone" to match the gen. not to mention the fact that the font is incorrect as well.

the factories in question have to make a new one, end of story.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
That is what I've been trying to tell these guys that keep posting these crazy threads about sub-c for over a year now!! It's important that we get some cooperation from the dealers to get these two factories to redo the inserts,,, but it will not happen as long as every noob expert that comes along keeps posting pics of the same bad reps saying how good they are....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitchbaria

15/10/12
It has to be universally accepted by everyone that the inserts are bad and unacceptable,,, then we can get someone's attention.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
It has to be universally accepted by everyone that the inserts are bad and unacceptable,,, then we can get someone's attention.

Unless hype and marketing is there, they won't stop milking the cow

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Hopefully now I will able to post pics of how good mine looks compared to how bad the rest are and that will be enough to result in change as I've grown tired of fussing with these guys..at least hopefully mine will be fixed now!