• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Geektime Review

Repeth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
Purchased a ZF 15400 from Eric (Geektime). QC pics took about 4 days and shipping to my door about 2 weeks. Excellent service and communication, would use again! Hope that eventually he becomes a TD here as he seems to be one of the most used TDs on /r reptime (where I started).

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO

There are a few fake links out there for geektime so be careful. /r reptime also always has the correct link to geektime so you can double check that I’m not giving you a scan link 😄

Guys, there’s a reason Geektime is not a TD in the most renowned rep watch forum on earth. Not sure what the reason is this time, but any mod could probably answer if you really want to be careful.

Tbh trusting your money to a dealer that primarily sells on RepTime is a bad idea at best. Go with one of the pros.

Monaco_Bazi

Supporter
Certified
24/1/21
Guys, there’s a reason Geektime is not a TD in the most renowned rep watch forum on earth. Not sure what the reason is this time, but any mod could probably answer if you really want to be careful.

Tbh trusting your money to a dealer that primarily sells on RepTime is a bad idea at best. Go with one of the pros.
Geektime is TD on another forum but not here on RWI.
He’s great and can be trusted i placed many oders with him.
In earlier days I could bargain a good price with him but as he is now probably the most selling TD he don’t let me bargain that’s the only reason I changed my TD 😅

Reactions: Otown30

Repeth

Supporter
Certified
1/11/22

Not trying to get people on RWI to use Geektime, but more so posting a review to see if Eric (Geektime) would consider joining the other TDs. It looks like he has an account here made a few years ago and was asking about the TD process but I guess it didn’t happen. 🤷‍♂️

Bummer, but I agree if you’re shopping for a new dealer, plenty of good TDs on the list here to choose from already.

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I’m pretty sure he was a dealer at some point, but if you read this months RWI Newsletter, you’ll see that a bunch of TD’s got bumped for not holding up to their end of the bargain.

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
Geektime is TD on another forum but not here on RWI.
He’s great and can be trusted i placed many oders with him.
In earlier days I could bargain a good price with him but as he is now probably the most selling TD he don’t let me bargain that’s the only reason I changed my TD 😅
Yeeaaahhhh ok sounds legit. Since a brand new member vouches for him he MUST be the greatest currently! 🙄🤣

Seriously mate, nobody here is gonna poke fun if he’s the only TD you used before!

Monaco_Bazi

Supporter
Certified
24/1/21
to be true I said I’m not using him anymore and did not say he is the greatest. I meant he offers a great/good service.
I used 3 TDs so far for 15 watches.
Currently I prefer steve.

Reactions: Otown30

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
to be true I said I’m not using him anymore and did not say he is the greatest. I meant he offers a great/good service.
I used 3 TDs so far for 15 watches.
Currently I prefer steve.
If he offers great/good service, why did you stop using him? What’s the benefit of using Steve? I’m always looking for better service from a TD.

That’s awesome you got 15 watches ! Is that just in one year since you joined RWI? Color me jealous lol!

Last edited:

ChiTownTony

Horology Curious
28/8/23
Does Geektime also sell on DHgate? Someone on there sent me a portfolio of photos of nice looking watches and I already purchased one a few days ago and was going to buy another one tomorrow.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
So you're an internet tough guy? Either answer my initial questions are get lost NOW! You get it?
Shocked Oh No GIF

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Settle down all please.
@ChiTownTony you may have been addressed in a direct way, but there's no need to become aggressive, that usually doesn't work out well. Let's be calm and continue discussing in a civilized manner.
RWI does not promote buying from non-TDs for good reasons, but we don't hinder anyone to make his own choices. I don't know how dhgate works but I'd advise to not use that as a platform to access dealers unless you're 100% sure whom you're talking to.
In any case, I'd rather use an RWI TD and avoid risks instead of endeavouring onto other paths, at least until I got so expert and knowledgeable to know the rep landscape very well. I'm not and thus I'll stay away from any non-TD regardless of his reputation.

I would also add, beware of positive non-TD reviews, take them with a pinch of salt and look at who is making them. Not saying this is one at all, mind you, just be wary and do some risk management. Many non-TDs have been known of promoting shilling on rwi.

Reactions: Karbon74 and var554