• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

From Lucy again

magicty0422

Known Member
29/9/16
I just ordered a IWC 3777 and now waiting patiently for my QC pics...... :bounce:

jlove

Known Member
Certified
16/7/17
I have had my eye on the 3777 for a while now, but I just got my BP for Lucy and need to have some self control. It is definitely going to be worth the wait!

M4ttc

Known Member
17/7/17
What model have you gone for 377710, 14 or 19 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magicty0422

Known Member
29/9/16
I'm still waiting for my 01 QC pictures. I known that Lucy usually takes longer time than other's TD.

D

d4m.test

How long have you been waiting for QC pics from Lucy? I am a first time buyer and after such fantastic reviews, decided to use Lucy... She responded to my emails really quickly...up until I sent payment via WU. She collected payment from WU and confirmed via email but I havent heard from her since. I have sent two emails to check status of QC pics but am getting nothing back. It's been two weeks since I sent payment and last heard from her. Should I be concerned?

jlove

Known Member
Certified
16/7/17
It took me about a month to get QC pictures and from what I have read from others this is pretty normal with her. I would not be concerned just yet. I did have a few emails go unanswered from her, but I resent them and she always responded. I noticed most of the emails I sent Friday through Monday were the ones to not be answered.

D

d4m.test

This "getting the money and then silence" is becoming a bit of a thing with some TDs. Might be time for the Moderators to give all the TDs a bit of a rev up. Keeping the buyer appraised of the situation regarding rejecting a watch and then selecting another one SHOULD be an expected part of customer service. A simple email from the TD explaining what's going on would be appreciated and would probably keep enquiring emails down from customers. Email silence for days and weeks on end doesn't instil confidence in a TD and customers will go elsewhere for their next purchase.

Babang

Getting To Know The Place
8/2/17
I think it can be solved by simply asking her why it took her quite a long time to reply.
I understand maybe it's normal for some and it's not for some.
Just confirm that to her, she is very responsive IMHO.
Goodluck

D

d4m.test

This "getting the money and then silence" is becoming a bit of a thing with some TDs. Might be time for the Moderators to give all the TDs a bit of a rev up. Keeping the buyer appraised of the situation regarding rejecting a watch and then selecting another one SHOULD be an expected part of customer service. A simple email from the TD explaining what's going on would be appreciated and would probably keep enquiring emails down from customers. Email silence for days and weeks on end doesn't instil confidence in a TD and customers will go elsewhere for their next purchase.

That was the sentiment of my second follow up email- 'I understand finding a watch can take time, but can you please provide me with an update to let me know'. I read A LOT of Lucy related forums prior to ordering and people tend to say she takes longer to find a watch which is fine by me- it's the radio silence that worries me... Especially considering the speed of her replies pre payment. I read she doesn't work weekends so have always been sure to write to her on a Monday or Tuesday leaving her the week to respond... Anyway, looks like my watch/ cash is in gods hands now ha ha

D

d4m.test

That was the sentiment of my second follow up email- 'I understand finding a watch can take time, but can you please provide me with an update to let me know'. I read A LOT of Lucy related forums prior to ordering and people tend to say she takes longer to find a watch which is fine by me- it's the radio silence that worries me... Especially considering the speed of her replies pre payment. I read she doesn't work weekends so have always been sure to write to her on a Monday or Tuesday leaving her the week to respond... Anyway, looks like my watch/ cash is in gods hands now ha ha
I've used Puretime and Marywatch. With Puretime, I had the watch in my hand from order to delivery in 1 week. With Mary, from order to delivery took 4 weeks. I know who I'll go to for my next purchase.

Awesomeo

13/9/13
I think it's a trade off between how much you want to do your own QC and how much you want the 'perfect' rep.

From what I hear Lucy always sources watches that are accepted first time. For some factories with poor QC it might take a few weeks of them making models until she finds one worth selling.

With larger dealers it's just as quick for them to get their guys to run back and forth a few times and leave the buyer to work out what is tolerable and what's not, as they won't be making a trip for one purchase.

I think you just need to pick the right dealer for your needs. If it's a watch you don't know much about or really cherish, the extra wait may pay off with Lucy.

The best dealer I've used for communication, speed and consumer friendliness isn't trusted on this board over the whole cartel fiasco. Shame because he's head and shoulders above some TDs here in my opinion.

magicty0422

Known Member
29/9/16
Lucy is a good TD. For my experience, she did really good job in QC.
I known she sometimes can't response my email quickly but at least she can explained to me everything very details.

magicty0422

Known Member
29/9/16
I've just got QC pics from Lucy in this early morning. Mine one looks like a gen. Really happy! :clap:
Give some time to her and she always do a great job.

D

d4m.test

I've just got QC pics from Lucy in this early morning. Mine one looks like a gen. Really happy! :clap:
Give some time to her and she always do a great job.

Thanks for the reassurance. Post your QC's up for the group? Glad you're happy!!!

DrJohnWatsonJr

Supporter-*NOOB FRIENDLY*
Supporter
27/12/16
I'm gonna play devil's advocate on this one since I've been in your position but I can also relate to the TDs. It's only been a little while since TDs even began to offer QCs, before the common practice was to send payment and radio silence until it reached your door. I've waited up to 5 months for a watch and not once did I complain. I emailed the TD once inquiring about the situation and they said it was taking some time to acquire my particular model. Unlike what you think, these TDs run a very small-scale operation to go under the radar and with numerous orders (hundreds to thousands a week), you can't expect them to get to everyone for every single little thing. Obviously you can go towards a larger TD and expect "customer service" but in this business, things like that are hard to come by and not to be demanded.

Take your money to any of the TDs and you'll be met with the same responses. I trust Lucy over all other TDs due to her QC process and amazing customer service the one time I did have an issue with a watch. I've bought from Toros, PT, Intime, MR, WBK, and a few others and I will stand by Lucy for as long as they maintain their level of excellence.

Obviously I was just playing devil's advocate in this case. I've been in the shoes of an anxious impatient customer but I know that within this hobby, patience is king. Seeing that you're relatively new, I understand the anxiety but trust me, everything will be made right in the end.

DrJohnWatsonJr

Supporter-*NOOB FRIENDLY*
Supporter
27/12/16
View attachment 74432 Lucy came through with the QC this morning. I'd appreciate any feed back on the QC pics before I go ahead please!View attachment 74433 View attachment 74434 View attachment 74435 View attachment 74436 View attachment 74437 View attachment 74438
I believe asking for opinions on QC pics is banned from this forum unless you had a particular concern.

Since you're new, I'll just say it looks perfectly fine and that I would accept it.

The insert is dark (as all noob v7 inserts are) but that can be easily fixed by anyone who mods it (like me ;p)

D

d4m.test

Sorry guys! Missed the memo on NO QC's won't happen again. J

D

d4m.test

I'm gonna play devil's advocate on this one since I've been in your position but I can also relate to the TDs. It's only been a little while since TDs even began to offer QCs, before the common practice was to send payment and radio silence until it reached your door. I've waited up to 5 months for a watch and not once did I complain. I emailed the TD once inquiring about the situation and they said it was taking some time to acquire my particular model. Unlike what you think, these TDs run a very small-scale operation to go under the radar and with numerous orders (hundreds to thousands a week), you can't expect them to get to everyone for every single little thing. Obviously you can go towards a larger TD and expect "customer service" but in this business, things like that are hard to come by and not to be demanded.

Take your money to any of the TDs and you'll be met with the same responses. I trust Lucy over all other TDs due to her QC process and amazing customer service the one time I did have an issue with a watch. I've bought from Toros, PT, Intime, MR, WBK, and a few others and I will stand by Lucy for as long as they maintain their level of excellence.

Obviously I was just playing devil's advocate in this case. I've been in the shoes of an anxious impatient customer but I know that within this hobby, patience is king. Seeing that you're relatively new, I understand the anxiety but trust me, everything will be made right in the end.
Thank you for that. My watch arrived yesterday and it's amazing how seemingly unimportant all the waiting and stress has been. Everything dissipates once you have your watch in your hand.