• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Freak

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
You would be correct.
Even though I really want one, maybe not this exact model, oh well, one can dream.

You should know though, they did make a version that was not at all gen or even rep-like lol, but you may dig if you can find it, maybe DHgate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackieray

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
You would be correct.
Even though I really want one, maybe not this exact model, oh well, one can dream.

You should know though, they did make a version that was not at all gen or even rep-like lol, but you may dig if you can find it, maybe DHgate.
I did not know. That might be fun....if I keep my expectations in check.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
The factories once did a version of the Freak from UN. If you ever see the GEN, you would know immediately that the copy was just that, a feeble attempt to replicate an amazing watch. The Freak's movement is an incredible Tourbillion, and I seriously doubt it could be replicated. The rep that was made many years ago just had gears that looked the part, but the movement on the gears was not there.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
The factories once did a version of the Freak from UN. If you ever see the GEN, you would know immediately that the copy was just that, a feeble attempt to replicate an amazing watch. The Freak's movement is an incredible Tourbillion, and I seriously doubt it could be replicated. The rep that was made many years ago just had gears that looked the part, but the movement on the gears was not there.
it isn’t a tourbillon - but I agree having the balance wheel in the dial is something that requires a clone movement.

Definitely not worth financially

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
I Googled it and here is the answer:

Is Ulysse Nardin Freak a tourbillon?

As one of the very first lines of watches to experiment with silicon components and an early example of an unconventional tourbillon – the watch is a tourbillon, with the escapement itself also playing the part of the display – the Freak collection was instrumental in making Ulysse Nardin's name back in the early days ..

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
test_gif.gif

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Is this where you wanna be when Jesus comes back? Gettin me all excited thinking some factory is going to release a Freak! 😅

I dont normally like anything other than black and white dials. But that blue and ss model is stunning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horace_Derwent