• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FRANKEN BY MARK1937

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hi guys,
I’m writing this post to show you 4 masterpieces made by Nikz19. We’re talking about 4 watches who needs no presentations, all assembled with genuine blistered parts, they basically have just rep case, movement and bracelet :)

Nikz19 did and outstanding job, he assembled everything with the extreme care and precision. Everything is spot on and aligned perfectly.
I’ve dealt with many modders this past years, but I’ve got to say I met the very best out there!

They are all Chromalight.

He did the following:

Daytona 116520 Black (Noob base + ARF bracelet)
- Gen dial
- Gen crystal
- Gen bezel
- Gen crown
- Gen hands

Daytona 116520 White (Noob base + ARF bracelet)
- Gen dial APH
- Gen bezel
- Gen hands
- Gen crystal
- Gen crown

GMT 116710 LN (Arf base)
- Gen rail dial
- Gen hands
- Gen datewheel
- Gen bezel
- Gen insert
- Gen crystal
- Gen crown
- VR3186

Submariner 114060 (Noob base + Arf bracelet)
- Gen dial
- Gen hands
- Gen crystal
- Gen bezel
- Gen insert
- Gen crown

Waiting for gen Rubber B

2 of the 3 Daytona's subdial hands wasn’t a direct fit on this 4130 clone, the pinions were too big so they needed work to be fitted.

Wonderful work!

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Congratulations for your beautiful watches! Impressive work from Nikz.

Reactions: Nikz19

Saulgman

Certified
21/9/16
Perfect combination of desired watches for any occasion. Congratulation!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Amazing collection, wear them in good health!! You have made some wise choices.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Amazing time pieces with masterful watchmaking work! Enjoy your collection :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James2020

1/6/20
Really nice collection. :thumbup:

Love the Daytonas! Gen parts for the 116520 reps make a world of difference, esp the bezel which IMO is an obvious tell because of skinny and shallow fonts on the rep bezel.

I would be keen to buy it if it ever becomes available for sale

Last edited:

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Really nice collection. :thumbup:

Love the Daytonas! Gen parts for the 116520 reps make a world of difference, esp the bezel which IMO is an obvious tell because of skinny and shallow fonts on the rep bezel.

I would be keen to buy it if it ever becomes available for sale

Yes Noob 116520 bezels are total crap. However the ARF V2 bezels, whilst not perfect - are not that bad. Except the Depth, a slightly higher side profil and the font of the "3" numbers they are in my opinion acceptable when you are on a budget. Gens bezels have undergone many variatons of the past 15 years, so the ARF might pass as one of these variations.

But yes, nothing can beat the GEN bezel. However at the moment I am not ready to spend almost 1k on a new blistered bezel :(

What is the experts opinion on the ARV V2 bezel (I know that V1 was better but is not available anymore)?

Reactions: Tommy’S