• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken advice

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06

Oops, here's the R serial. I'm moving all my pics from Photobucket to Imageshack and in my haste posted the wrong pic. The first pic is like an early P serial before they went to the 16610T case. Lugholes, SEL 92350 and Swiss Made SL dial. R serial is tritium, 93150 bracelet.
Getting a ST3135 case probably means finding a watchmaker who will purchase it for you. You could try a JF16610LN and then you'd have the SH3135 in it. Get JMB to drill the lugholes and put the T < 25 dial in there and find a 93150 bracelet.

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17

Oops, here's the R serial. I'm moving all my pics from Photobucket to Imageshack and in my haste posted the wrong pic. The first pic is like an early P serial before they went to the 16610T case. Lugholes, SEL 92350 and Swiss Made SL dial. R serial is tritium, 93150 bracelet.
Getting a ST3135 case probably means finding a watchmaker who will purchase it for you. You could try a JF16610LN and then you'd have the SH3135 in it. Get JMB to drill the lugholes and put the T < 25 dial in there and find a 93150 bracelet.

You are the best mate haha. Ill probably go with the JF base. Then samd the rehaut and swap the dial and insert. Good looks on the lug hole recommendation that was my next question haha. I also am doing it on a NATO so the bracelet isn't an issue :05.18-flustered:I

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17

Any chance JMB could do reluming? Two of the lume plots are missing so the dial is uneven, even though Id like to keep it original :/

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
You'd have to ask JMB. If he did, he'd probably have to do the whole thing- all the plots so that it was all the same.

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
Thats what I expected, but that was the reason for the need to relume haha. Ill have to PM him. @ contact?

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Thats what I expected, but that was the reason for the need to relume haha. Ill have to PM him. @ contact?
Do not do that. If you have tritium it cannot have lume on it at all. It would be wrong color and would lose the tritium. If you're missing plots I'd sell and try to find a new dial

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Also the ST will be a better base than the JF case. If you need help just send me a pm. I have an account

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Also don't buy a non tritium insert or non tritium hands. If you have money and less patience, switch to a superluminova build instead and then you can use JfLn or TC base

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
Do not do that. If you have tritium it cannot have lume on it at all. It would be wrong color and would lose the tritium. If you're missing plots I'd sell and try to find a new dial

Not trying to have it terribly period correct. Was going to get it relumed with superluminova like a service dial. I got the dial for a steal anyhow

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
I did however get a tritium insert, but plan on getting non tritium hands to match with the reluming.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Mixing and matching will not look right and be very hard to resell later if you need to

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
I would suggest picking tritium or superluminova and sticking with it. An old Matte dial with superluminova would look kinda odd honestly. And no service dial would come like that

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
I would suggest picking tritium or superluminova and sticking with it. An old Matte dial with superluminova would look kinda odd honestly. And no service dial would come like that

Absolutely agree. While mixing and matching can be found on some real pieces due to trips to RSC, they look like a hodge-podge to the trained eye & are not really favored in the "gen world." Being that you're in control of the build, take your time @Danlee224 to find the right parts - took me close to a year to find everything for my R-serial 16610 build. Patience is a virtue, and you will appreciate the watch even more with the effort that goes into a proper build.

Going back to the earlier posts regarding AR, some late 5 digit LVs and some VERY late M-serial LNs did come with AR. Basically, if you're going with a trit build, go with a 93150 bracelet (Cartel is the best option IMHO) with 501b end links with non LEC & no AR. If you decide to go Superluminova, go with 92350 bracelet with SELs (TC is obviously the best option) - this is also a build that would be more appropriate to have a LEC (with or without AR) crystal.

Of course, the above suggestions are just my preferences. In the end, it will still be a fantastic build that YOU created - no other purchased piece (real or from a TD) will ever give you the same satisfaction when strapping it on. Wear it well and be sure to post pics when she's done!!!

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17

Its just the picture quality, its a gloss dial

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
Absolutely agree. While mixing and matching can be found on some real pieces due to trips to RSC, they look like a hodge-podge to the trained eye & are not really favored in the "gen world." Being that you're in control of the build, take your time @Danlee224 to find the right parts - took me close to a year to find everything for my R-serial 16610 build. Patience is a virtue, and you will appreciate the watch even more with the effort that goes into a proper build.

Going back to the earlier posts regarding AR, some late 5 digit LVs and some VERY late M-serial LNs did come with AR. Basically, if you're going with a trit build, go with a 93150 bracelet (Cartel is the best option IMHO) with 501b end links with non LEC & no AR. If you decide to go Superluminova, go with 92350 bracelet with SELs (TC is obviously the best option) - this is also a build that would be more appropriate to have a LEC (with or without AR) crystal.

Of course, the above suggestions are just my preferences. In the end, it will still be a fantastic build that YOU created - no other purchased piece (real or from a TD) will ever give you the same satisfaction when strapping it on. Wear it well and be sure to post pics when she's done!!!

I appretiate the kind words haha. Might need to just sell this dial and source a new one!