• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franck Muller - Straps ?

kkj

29/9/09
Hey all,

i know FM is not a very hot fav , but just wanna give it a shot...
i've got a FM rep and while it looks good, the strap is a total give away esp in the lack of shine n pattern with the "leather" .

Has anyone changed to a better / genuine croc or alligator strap before ?
where's a good place with reasonable price n time to deliver ?
also, with the strap change system, i dont see screws, so im assuming it is a spring bar system ?

would like to hear advice from those who have gone down this path before pls...

thanks in advance !

exeekias

24/11/08
Which model of FM are you asking about?

I think most of the gen FM models have a quick change pin system for their straps. On the Long Island series for example, the gen uses a quick change pin system with faux screws on the lugs, while the reps have a screw-in bar. The reps of other models might use simple spring bars without the quick change pins; I don't know.

I bought a gator strap from HKTan off this forum for my Long Island, it took a long time for him to deliver (2+ months) but it looks nice. Meyer8888 posted pics of a strap he got for a FM from ABP Paris which looked really good. You can google the name for their website easily.

kkj

29/9/09
i have a few of the newer model released reps.
something like the new pvd models which all come in rubber now. eg. the new pvd crazy hours

exeekias

24/11/08
Hmm, those are tougher because the lug end of the case is curved, and the gen strap curves to match it. A strap maker may be able to match the curve of the case, if you ask them.

edit: my mistake the case end is straight but the strap is wider at the lug end to fill the gap, e.g. http://www.dubbe.nu/bilder/174int/franck_casablanca_01b.png

I would think you could get a strap to fit that no problem.

limyw

Looking Around
19/9/12
Hi, I'm having problem re-installing the strap on the FM conquistador GPG. have been trying for the past few days. each time I manage to squeeze the pins into the lugs, it doesnt seem to catch the slots and the whole ensemble falls out time and time again. however, if I just use the spring bar alone without the strap, no problem. while I figured the strap end might be too thick, it doesnt make sense becos it was the same strap which I removed (to take a look at the watch chasis) but now cannot put back. anyone has the same problem and found a solution?

BTW I broke one of the spring bars after repeated attempts so have to wait for new ones to arrive....:(