• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Flandad Gold Plating Comparison Photos

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
Plating in rose is pointless nowadays (and I used to make money on rose plating, so I’m speaking against my interest, I totally stopped rose now)

Nikz, can you explain better why? Do you mean that the RG finishes on the Reps are now excellent and don't need to be replated?

I was actually thinking about the platings closest to everose.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Check the last pic I posted. It’s basically money grab if anyone tells you “replate rose or it’ll look nothing like gen”. If you hear that from someone stay steer clear..

GMF does excellent color match. So does ARF in their new day dates.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Who should I send my new ARF DayDate to get a proper plating?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
@OP I read about 30 micron of gold plating. I would never buy this service because I simply dont trust enough. 30microns is a lot of electrolyte and a lot of time.

Reactions: Dave2302

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
No one, until it wears thru if it ever does.
I like the way you think. I had read somewhere that one of the platers would only plate new watches. I messaged that guy and didn’t even get a reply so I figured he must be booked up. It seems like there’s some scammers out there taking advantage of people. I only asked because I’d rather avoid taking it up the arse and getting 30 microns of chinaman gold plated penis if at all possible.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I like the way you think. I had read somewhere that one of the platers would only plate new watches. I messaged that guy and didn’t even get a reply so I figured he must be booked up. It seems like there’s some scammers out there taking advantage of people. I only asked because I’d rather avoid taking it up the arse and getting 30 microns of chinaman gold plated penis if at all possible.
Fear not, your 30 micron penis will only be 5 micron in reality.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Never mind the 30 micron plated version, this bad boy is solid gold ....

You know you’re gonna be bombarded with sex toy offers now. The FBI is gonna put you their sexual deviant watch list. Their counterfeit watch department just handed your file off to the pervert unit. Now that’s funny 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dave2302