• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fixing of the STUTTERING of second’s hand of RM035-02 ZF V3, NH05 movement

Dirtypope

Horology Curious
1/8/15
How did you remove the rotor? Is it one screw or do I have to remove the 3 screws on the top?

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
Hi guys,
As everyone knew we’re all faced to the stuttering of second’s hand. After I read through of our 2 moderators mentioned in the “Ultimate ZF RM035 Thread”QueTip Stuvetjee that the stuttering of second’s hand occurred from lack of tension of friction spring for center seconds pinion.
Then, I placed the ordered for 2.35 mm 5 prongs and 4 prongs screwdriver and also with 1.10 mm 5 prongs screwdriver.
Today, the 2.35 mm 5 prongs and 1.10 mm 5 prongs arrived my place first. So, I start to disassembly my watch which can be unscrewed only case back part. However, It’s ok for fix the stuttering problem.
Before anything “DO NOT ORDER THE 1.10 MM 5 PRONGS, THIS NO NEED TO USE”
OK. First, unscrew all case back screws by 2.35 mm 5 prongs screwdriver.
ZUEUZY.jpg

and move the rotor and deco plate out
ZUEWID.jpg

Now we’ll see the “Automatic Mechanism” this need to move out to go for friction spring observation, the automatic mechanism being held by these 2 screws, unscrew them.
ZUEaXk.jpg

Here, the circled is friction spring for center hand pinion. Firstly, I tried to tighten the spring’s screw but the second’s hand still stuttering. So, I unscrew the spring out and bend the bended part and tight the screw back and check the second hand, if it still stuttering, unscrew it and bend it more. Do like this until you think your OCD said this is ok.
ZUEqQP.jpg
ZUEynQ.jpg

Then reassemble all things together and enjoy!!!!! I’ll post the video soon.

Please be noted that you guys must take the strap out from watch head by 2.35 mm 4 prongs screwdriver, this will make you work easier 10 times. Mine 4 prongs is still not arrive but i can bot live with the stuttering.

After my 4 prongs arrive I will go for bezel screw modding and black gear modding. Will keep you guys posted.

Hope this help for every owner stuttering.

Can you tell me if the front part can be removed too, or is it only the back part that can be removed? Are the front screws removable or glued?