• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First vintage watch purchase (with Ryan@Intime)

LondonDean

Collector. Tinkerer. Assembler.
Patron
9/6/24
London
I have been looking to build a 6538 homage and came across a big crown vintage Rolex with Intime.

It will be a great starter for ten for me to mod (new bezel with red triangle, ageing dial and bezel, new strap).

I’ve emailed Ryan my order enquiry and will update this thread as things progress.

LondonDean

Patron
9/6/24
London
Update: Ryan was very responsive via email. Placed order today (19 June 2024) and Ryan helped me through the process.

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Be good to document the journey from 'new' to 'old' take pics and post em up... I've always liked this watch, check out a MKll Nassau... was one of my favourite homages!

LondonDean

Patron
9/6/24
London
Received watch on 31.06.24

Here are some photos.

Great attention to detail: the bezel is bi-directional and doesn’t click, which is correct for the model and anticlockwise bezels that click came a few years later.

Have bought some more authentic straps from a third party. Planning to find time this summer to then work on the aging and other slight mods.

Reactions: Jackster

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Received watch on 31.06.24

Here are some photos.

Great attention to detail: the bezel is bi-directional and doesn’t click, which is correct for the model and anticlockwise bezels that click came a few years later.

Have bought some more authentic straps from a third party. Planning to find time this summer to then work on the aging and other slight mods.

can we get a full on face on shot pls?

LondonDean

Patron
9/6/24
London
can we get a full on face on shot pls?
Sure thing. Here is a full on face on shot plus another with a new strap I bought for it. NATO straps weren’t invented until ten years after this model was released, so this is a vintage style nylon strap which preceded the nato.