• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First timer - thinking of a purchase from Tony Chow

1970steve

Horology Curious
27/5/17
Hi fellow members. I have just joined after getting drawn in to researching the fake Rolex market, finding out about a guy called Tony Chow, and placing an enquiry about buying a Deepsea Blue Dial 116660 D-Blue 1:1 V7.

Looking for a bit of reassurance really that I'm going in the right direction. Everything feels ok just now - I haven't parted with any money just yet and wanted to canvass you guys for some valuable feedback before I do! Am I doing the right thing? Do I need to look out for any potential pitfalls here. Just a bit of general advice and guidance would be truly appreciated.

Also, if any of you people have bought such a model from him perhaps send me or post some examples on here that too would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DannyTheDoberman

Renowned Member
17/11/16
U.K
Stay clear and only use our trusted dealers, but before you even think of purchasing anything I suggest you do some research.
Look for the "Main Forum-New members start here" tab.
Good luck and happy reading,
D.T.D

Sent from my iPad using RWI

1970steve

Horology Curious
27/5/17
That's great, thanks. I have been reading bits and pieces and to be honest there seems to be some very valuable guidance on here - so thanks for all the time spent replying with your experiences. It's appreciated.

Am I right in thinking, and reading - that 2016asian is ok to order from?

Limer

Renowned Member
4/5/16
In generell you should only use forum TDs to buy your watches. I have to say however that I bought several reps over the last year from Tony C and it worked out perfectly. Anyways, save yourself possible trouble and just go with a TD.

Also, welcome to RWI!

hanmergrantuk

Looking Around
19/10/16
I bought a Noob v7 Submariner 6 months ago and played golf with it on. I guess the shock waves broke the movement as it was rattling like an old set of cutlery and not working. I sent in to Tony Chow to be repaired. It cost me 35 USD to get it fixed plus shipping on a 3 week turnaround. It works perfectly - and keeps better time than it did before. I've read the good and the bad reviews about Tony. All I can say is he was very helpful throughout and got the job done for me. I'm based in the UK..

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I bought a Noob v7 Submariner 6 months ago and played golf with it on. I guess the shock waves broke the movement as it was rattling like an old set of cutlery and not working. I sent in to Tony Chow to be repaired. It cost me 35 USD to get it fixed plus shipping on a 3 week turnaround. It works perfectly - and keeps better time than it did before. I've read the good and the bad reviews about Tony. All I can say is he was very helpful throughout and got the job done for me. I'm based in the UK..

Now why do I have trouble believing what you just said . . . :thinking:

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
I would not risk it. Why do so? Any TD here can source the same thing as Tony Chow, who is not a TD. These TD's are tried and tested. If something does go wrong you have back up here.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi fellow members. I have just joined after getting drawn in to researching the fake Rolex market, finding out about a guy called Tony Chow, and placing an enquiry about buying a Deepsea Blue Dial 116660 D-Blue 1:1 V7.

Looking for a bit of reassurance really that I'm going in the right direction. Everything feels ok just now - I haven't parted with any money just yet and wanted to canvass you guys for some valuable feedback before I do! Am I doing the right thing? Do I need to look out for any potential pitfalls here. Just a bit of general advice and guidance would be truly appreciated.

Also, if any of you people have bought such a model from him perhaps send me or post some examples on here that too would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Go for it genius.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Go for it genius.

Sent from the RWI mobile app