• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Time Purchase with CHAZINGTIME: Rolex Submariner 126610 LN 904L Steel VSF 1:1 Best Edition VS3235

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
More like you feel insecure around everyone trying to flex your rep watch in case someone calls you out and look foolish.

Yep, just go on with life as you have been. Don't walk around with the one sleeve rolled up, don't constantly look at the time. If someone comments, just say thanks. As has been mentioned here may times, most people don't even know what they are looking at. It's really no one's business.

Reactions: FussyBuyer

FussyBuyer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/23
More like you feel insecure around everyone trying to flex your rep watch in case someone calls you out and look foolish.

Nah, I'm a very secure person as I know how much I earn every month and my position in the company. The only difference as I never wore any watch my entire life since to me nothig is more accurate than the time on my phone. Now with a "Rolex' watch, I notice stranger's reaction are different when they serve me. Can't put my finger exactly to what the reaction is. Hard to explain.

FussyBuyer

11/10/23
Yep, just go on with life as you have been. Don't walk around with the one sleeve rolled up, don't constantly look at the time. If someone comments, just say thanks. As has been mentioned here may times, most people don't even know what they are looking at. It's really no one's business.
No I don't, In fact I wear the watch tight so it does not reveal itself too much. People's eyes just get attracted to the slightest bling on your wrist somehow

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Nah, I'm a very secure person as I know how much I earn every month and my position in the company. The only difference as I never wore any watch my entire life since to me nothig is more accurate than the time on my phone. Now with a "Rolex' watch, I notice stranger's reaction are different when they serve me. Can't put my finger exactly to what the reaction is. Hard to explain.
if it makes you feel better, good for you.
Low price to pay for therapy

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
I get it. I see customers every day. I get a lot of "looks" too, and every once in a while someone will comment that it's so pretty, etc. No one has every asked if it's real. I am semi retired, so they probably wonder what I am doing in this place wearing that. Along with a Tiffany bracelet and a diamond tennis bracelet, which are real lol. it's my coworkers that make me laugh. One guy is dying to ask, and I am waiting. One guy said it must be nice to wear a 50K watch to work. Oh, I wear it to the grocery store and to get gas, too......

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
funny anecdote last week, I met a business partner at an event. He was sporting a +100k€ watch that he clearly cannot afford (or he is crazy to do that job 😅)

I said nice watch. I saw a brief look of embarassement, but I just looked at him and smiled. He smiled back. Needless to say, our business dealing afterwards was super smooth.

Last edited:

FussyBuyer

11/10/23
I get it. I see customers every day. I get a lot of "looks" too, and every once in a while someone will comment that it's so pretty, etc. No one has every asked if it's real. I am semi retired, so they probably wonder what I am doing in this place wearing that. Along with a Tiffany bracelet and a diamond tennis bracelet, which are real lol. it's my coworkers that make me laugh. One guy is dying to ask, and I am waiting. One guy said it must be nice to wear a 50K watch to work. Oh, I wear it to the grocery store and to get gas, too......
We're on the same boat. You nailed it.

FussyBuyer

11/10/23
if it makes you feel better, good for you.
Low price to pay for therapy
Looks like I will need to buy a few more "therapy session". Its definitely making me feel better. Will still get 1 gen one though since I'm getting a good vibe with this super clone that I never knew was possible with a watch. I dress the same to work but that slight bling from the slightest bit of shiny metal exposed under the sleeve makes a big diference. The power of a well designed watch. I love how some are dying to ask how much but never do so. Lol

Reactions: var554 and Karbon74

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Looks like I will need to buy a few more "therapy session". Its definitely making me feel better. Will still get 1 gen one though since I'm getting a good vibe with this super clone that I never knew was possible with a watch. I dress the same to work but that slight bling from the slightest bit of shiny metal exposed under the sleeve makes a big diference. The power of a well designed watch. I love how some are dying to ask how much but never do so. Lol
I have no clue what your position at work is. But as Sr member of management no one asks me anything
We had a high level meeting today with a high level General Contractor today. I was the lead for my company. Wore my Hulk. No one would ever question it. A few guys had Panerais since we are in Socal. I'd also not question their watches.

Who you are is the biggest tell.

Reactions: var554 and Karbon74

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
I have no clue what your position at work is. But as Sr member of management no one asks me anything
We had a high level meeting today with a high level General Contractor today. I was the lead for my company. Wore my Hulk. No one would ever question it. A few guys had Panerais since we are in Socal. I'd also not question their watches.

I've been the boss/owner pretty much my whole life. Now, I just show up and do my thing, however, I still have the persona of power lol . Also the handbags and shoes hahaha. eventually a couple of them will be dumb enough to say something.

FussyBuyer

11/10/23

No one is asking but from the expression of a few people, I am sure they are dying to ask. Maybe I am over thinking

HootschiGootschi

„105 OR 1=1“
Patron
Certified
6/2/19
HG in da house
HBs345.jpeg

Reactions: var554

TacticalFluke

8/11/23
Toronto, Canada
When asked, I straight up tell them it is a rep and they don’t believe me lol
I’d totally do the same and be transparent, watches are strictly serving the purpose of fashion and time keeping for me; upgrading the look now serves an additional purpose of jewelry, much like accessories like belts, cuff links, shoes, rings & sunglasses. All of these items compliments nicely with real outfits, cars, properties, careers and lifestyles.

However, when you create major cognitive dissonance, this could trigger people to call you out when you’re grossly misrepresenting.

In any case, if this brings any joy, boost confidence or therapeutic for mental health, go for it. YOLO!

💪🏻😉