• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Time Buyer - Yachtmaster 40 126622 with Andiot

snick

Getting To Know The Place
17/7/24
Portugal
Hello everyone,

After a lot of searching, I've made my first rep purchase.
I wanted a 40mm Blue Dial Yachtmaster ref 126622 either from VSF or Clean, and an additional Oysterflex strap.

I've looked at various TD's websites, and even some non-TD's and in the end I contacted 2 TD's and a non TD. I don't have WeChat so I wanted to communicate via whatsapp/Telegram.

The communication with Elliot from Andiotwatches wasn't the most accurate. I couldn't get him to tell me the price of the extra Oysterflex strap, to confirm that it was a 20mm YM one, and that it was my size F/G.
The 2 other dealers I contacted were much faster at answering me and confirming me availability and pricing.
In the end, I think we were able to understand each other and everything was set up.

First contact: 28/08
Payment: 29/08

USA IN STOCK

Hello, I'm Melissa
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
USA
Very good first purchase, and from a very good dealer. Congratulations.

Now, be patient. Replicas take time coming from China. Sometimes you get it in 2 weeks, sometimes 6 weeks. It all depends on availability, security situations in the replica market, and if the police are watching the preferred shipping agent.

Participate in the forum by posting some photos after you receive it.

See in you in the wrist check thread!

snick

17/7/24
Portugal
Thank you.

I'll definitely keep around and show off my new watch!
I'm fine with waiting for the arrival, as long as it arrives in good condition.

snick

17/7/24
Portugal
It´s really a looker.
I´m up for this one too and will buy it also from Andiot when the time i.e. the money comes around. ;)

I was between this model or the rhodium dial, which is also really beautiful.

Let's see if I made the right call when it arrives!

snick

17/7/24
Portugal
Order received today. Haven't been able to fully inspect it.

But here are the first impressions:

- The package comes really well packaged with a lot of bubble wrapping and plastics etc... Comes with a AndiotWatches business card, Rolex "warranty" card and plastic protection on the bezel.

- The watch is stunning. There's no way it's worth paying 20x this value.

- The Oysterflex strap I ordered, and paid 90$ for, it's just 2 rubber straps, no links, no clasp nothing. Will have to see if it was a mistake or what's going on.

- Delivery was smooth, decently fast and tracking was spotty but helpful

Reactions: munichman

snick

17/7/24
Portugal

So, as I was opening it to size it. The crown on the clasp imediatly came off.

Elliot answered right away and gave me the option to find a local watchsmith to glue it back on, and he would cover the cost. He could also send me a new clasp. Would take a while and could happen the same thing, he says it sometimes happens. Or I could also ship it back to China which is not an option for me.

I don't know if anyone here even does this type of service, but do you think it would really be solved or the glue could not be sufficient to hold the crown?

What would be your suggestion?
I'm thinking about asking for a new clasp.

Thank you

snick

17/7/24
Portugal
So I guess I'm gonna ask Elliot for a new bracelet.
I only know 1 watchsmith here where I took some vintages and seikos and he kinda didn't want to mess much with them. Doubt he'd touch this rep.

snick

17/7/24
Portugal

Some pics of this beauty, imo Rolex best SS watch. As you can see I'm wearing it in both in casual and formal attire.

I'm currently using it without the clasp crown. Elliot has agreed to ship me a new clasp and I'll post an update when I receive it and post a photo of the watch with a new clasp.

snick

17/7/24
Portugal
After ~12hours of use, I can make some remarks about the watch itself:

- The case is really well made, so is the dial, hands, and movement. The glass is clearly above average too. Feels very premium looking at the watch.

- The movement seems to be incredible. Changed date right at midnight, looked at 23h58 and then at 00h01 and was different. It gained 2 seconds in 10h on first use so it's pretty acceptable.

- The bracelet seems to be the negative about this watch so far. After the broken clasp crown, and after only 12h of use. The screws are coming out alone, idk how:

I had to try to put them back on with my nail lol

• Haha
Reactions: munichman

munichman

Known Member
25/3/24
Munich, Germany
or the glue could not be sufficient to hold the crown
I´ve tried to figure out, how the crown is fixed to the clasp on a gen, but couldn´t really figure it out.
I would think it is soldered to the clasp.
If I were you I would go to a goldsmith asking him if he could fix that issue.
If he can´t solder it due to the material I would just go ahead and glue it.

snick

17/7/24
Portugal
have you tried to screw them back in ?
this bracelet seems completely defective :cry:

Yeah well I didn't carry a mini screw driver with me so I had to try to screw them with my nails to prevent them from falling off.

When I got home I did screw them back in fully and laid the watch to rest. I'll check it's behaviour today.
I've sent these images to Elliot and asked if he think it would be viable to send a new bracelet, and not only the clasp, since all of it seems to have problems.