• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Experience with a Regmariner No-Date

arb42

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Hi all,

my first review with my first rep - a Regmariner no-date.
Thanks to narikaa , communication with you was awesome, I never felt lost!

Actually I got a yachtmaster as well but I'll show this in a different review.

Timeline (CET):
- 20/07/2018 07:47: First request to Reg
- 21/07/2018 13:41: Reg's response with all infos + pics
- 21/07/2018 13:53: Order
- 21/07/2018 21:58: Response with payment infos
- 22/07/2018 07:54: Money send
- 24/07/2018 15:56: Reg's notice about shipment from Thailand
- 23/08/2018 14:40: Reg's notice about shipment from UK
- 29/08/2018 15:10: Arrived in GLS parcelshop Germany
- 30/08/2018 evening: On my wrist (phew)

Quality is great, at least for me. I haven't expected that. Ok, this is my first buy and I don't own a gen so far. Compared to original pictures I can't spot any obvious differences though (I'm open to learn ;) ).

As I'm not a fan of oyster bracelet, I changed it already to my favourite mn strap.

But now some pics. Sorry for dust and bad quality, I did it with mobile cam + attached macro lens:

pn7MU.jpg

pnTqD.jpg

pnFbh.jpg

pnNls.jpg

pnfAp.jpg

pno0X.jpg

pn9jf.jpg

pnxbQ.jpg

pnefA.jpg

pnn5T.jpg

pnc0e.jpg

pnQjK.jpg

pnvfo.jpg

pnIzL.jpg

Best
Arb

trickenicke725

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/18
Pittsburgh
Pictures look great. Wish I opted for the no-date as I received my regmariner last week and the cyclops has a pretty good blue tint/glare.

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Looks good. Enjoy. I have the same watch ordered from reg in order... actually, it has been sitting with customs at Langley shorting centre since Sunday. Hoping to get it soon !

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

arb42

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Looks good. Enjoy. I have the same watch ordered from reg in order... actually, it has been sitting with customs at Langley shorting centre since Sunday. Hoping to get it soon !

Thanks + fingers crossed
Greetings to London

Reactions: Bucking

alexdazio

1/6/18
May I ask what's the definition of RegMariner?

I searched the site, but I wasn't able to find the exact meaning.

I imagine that it means sub-clone/AAA+ quality or decent entry-level rep. Does Reg stands for "regular" (as opposed to special / high quality)?

Thanks

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
May I ask what's the definition of RegMariner?

I searched the site, but I wasn't able to find the exact meaning.

I imagine that it means sub-clone/AAA+ quality or decent entry-level rep. Does Reg stands for "regular" (as opposed to special / high quality)?

Thanks

Nicknamed for the supplier. This is an early model Noob. Low beat movement. Bottom line, they are not expensive and are not a good platform for modding. A good first rep watch to see if this hobby is for you, or perhaps as good a rep as you need, depending on your views.

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
You can order a regmariner from reg (Narikaa).

I believe his subs are from Thailand and are considered by many to be the best bang for buck reps available.

Also, worth mentioning that there is probably no TD with a more immediate or friendly service.

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Received mine today - very happy with the watch and service from Reg.

I notice that there is a difference between our respective pieces.

In yours, the laser etched micro crown at 6, appears to be visible during normal conditions. In mine, it is not visible to the eye, unless under specific lighting conditions (i.e, taking a torch and shining from an angle).

arb42

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Received mine today - very happy with the watch and service from Reg.

I notice that there is a difference between our respective pieces.

In yours, the laser etched micro crown at 6, appears to be visible during normal conditions. In mine, it is not visible to the eye, unless under specific lighting conditions (i.e, taking a torch and shining from an angle).

Yeah, depends on the angle but you need to seek for the position where it is not visible.
Would you like to post a picture of yours?

daktari6

Looking Around
22/1/15
I've had a similarly good experience with my regmariner (Date). It's worn daily and I am beating THE HELL out of it for 6 months and it is rock solid. Scratches on the bracelet look just like my dad's gen (abusing these watches is in the DNA I guess). Anyway just my two cents. Reg's product is solid and holds up. Off topic (oh I know somebody will jump in and scold me for this) anyone have a link for a similar forum for rep-pens ie) montblanc?

Mikeyywatch

8/9/18
I've had a similarly good experience with my regmariner (Date). It's worn daily and I am beating THE HELL out of it for 6 months and it is rock solid. Scratches on the bracelet look just like my dad's gen (abusing these watches is in the DNA I guess). Anyway just my two cents. Reg's product is solid and holds up. Off topic (oh I know somebody will jump in and scold me for this) anyone have a link for a similar forum for rep-pens ie) montblanc?

Haha if you survive the scolding and do by some miracle get a response, please let me know!!