• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Purchase

Rmaem

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/16
Ordered the 40mm DayDate from Tony over the weekend.

http://2016asian.com/product_show.asp?P_id=3941

Communication was excellent even on the weekend. Helped me navigate the credit card company's nonsense when they saw the charge.

Waiting for QC pics. He sent an email saying they would be available the day after the order which seemed shockingly fast. It turned out not to be so quick. It's only been a couple of days though. No worries.

Really excited about the watch and thankful for this forum. I will try to update regularly as the process continues.

Thanks to everyone who has provided so much useful information here!

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Rmaem

29/11/16
UPDATE: here's a timeline thus far:

12-3 (8pm) - send email checking stock.

12-4 (9:24am) - stock confirmed by Tony. Order off website using credit card. Emails back and forth about clearing credit card company's concerns and authorizing transaction on my end.

12-8 (12:10pm) - QC Pics arrive. Looks beautiful.

12-8 (12:12pm) - confirm QC acceptable and authorize shipping.

I'll keep updating as things unfold. Hopefully a timeline can adjust/correct first time buyer expectations.

I'm trying hard not to impose preconceived standards of frequency of contact and shipping times on this process which is foreign to me. We'll see if that lasts or if my next post is "where's my watch?!"

Rmaem

29/11/16
12-10 - email sent asking for a tracking number when available. Got immediate response with a tracking number. Tracking number said watch was sent 12-10.

12-12 - received unsolicited email apologizing for providing the wrong tracking number and sending new one. New tracking number says watch was sent 12-12.

So hopefully it will arrive soon. I have had things from china take a month and things get delivered within a few days. Hope this is a quick one. Very excited to see the watch.

Rmaem

29/11/16
La la la la la la la la la

Waiting......

Stupid tracking number has not updated in 5 days. I once had a package arrive while the tracking said it was in customs. So ..... just waiting

Rmaem

29/11/16
Ok. 15 days since the package arrived at post office in china. No movement. I feel like there is a joke in there about communism, trains running on time and the USPS but I'm not willing to dig it out.

So I wait......

Bizznes101

Renowned Member
19/5/16
Totally normal. Especially this time of year (holiday season).
I bought M2M on the 12th, showed "posted" for 2 weeks- then got update "inbound to customs"
This is standard- it'll look like it's sitting in China, but it's most likely moving as we speak. You will have your watch in no time. Patience is key.
Good luck and post some pics to this thread when you have her.

Rmaem

29/11/16
You are like a prophet. As of 4:16 this morning my watch now resides in San Francisco. Hopefully I'll post pics by this weekend. Assuming it doesn't get stuck in customs

Rmaem

29/11/16
It went into and out of customs and from San Francisco to Texas all in one day. It is "out for delivery" now. Hopefully it will be here when I get home from work. Very excited to get this watch.

Rmaem

29/11/16
b67bd85b40722a0f50af158f6065f1c6.jpg

Rmaem

29/11/16
Overall, this was an excellent transaction. I love the watch and everything happened as it should. Shipping is weird but I've bought things from China before so I wasn't freaking out.

Tony communicated with me excellently throughout. But I only emailed when necessary. Just to check stock, order, approve qc pics and pay. Then I just waited

I already want another one and I haven't even worn this one yet.

Thanks Tony