• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase from JTime. Almost perfect...

diirtysoul

Looking Around
24/2/22
Watch Bought: Panerai PAM111 Luminor Marina 44mm
Price Paid inc Shipping: $280

Hi all.

So I decided to buy my first rep Panerai and chose Jtime after some research on here. I will point out that I am not a watch expert, I have a gen Omega but thats as far as it goes.

I have to say, I was very reluctant as although its only $280 and not 5-6k I still felt it was a risk.

I started messaging Li a couple of weeks before and asked all questions like; What happens if it gets seized, what if its not working etc... He reassured me that I would not lose out so I went ahead and ordered on May 24th and paid via Wise.

May 29th - I received QC pictures and videos. There was an extra blue strap and I asked if I could change it for a light tan strap which they said no problem.

June 1st - I received an email from Lana to say it had been shipped. I could expect it with 2-3 weeks.

I kept checking tracking daily via 17track and there was no info on departure. I worried somewhat...

June 9th - Checked tracking and it said it had been received by Royal Mail here in the UK

June 10th - Delivered!

I was not expecting it to be so quick.

On to the watch itself...

I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality, weight, feel. The crystal glass on the front and display case is so good, it looks and feels very much a Gen PAM 111 I tried on. I also noticed it kept time bang on. So all in all, up until then it was very positive.

After a couple of weeks I noticed the winder didn't feel the same, it didn't make a winding noise and after winding 10-20 times the winder sprung back a few turns. As such it didn't last long...

I contacted Li with some videos and he agreed it was not right and I could return it or get it fixed somewhere to which he would pay $50 towards. He gave me the name of a guy here in the UK called Adrian (I hope I can mention his first name?) I realised I had a very easy delivery so I decided against sending it back just in case.

I sent the watch off to Adrian and he was great, he diagnosed that the click spring had snapped in the winding mechanism. Fixed it, and charged me £35 including next day return. I have the watch back and its lovely. I have had lots of comments on it.

Finally I contacted Li and he refunded me $50 and it was in my account within 24 hours...

All in all a pleasant transaction and from me at least, I would without question highly recommend JTime (and Adrian if you need repairs)

All the best!

Reactions: jp13abk

jp13abk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/22
Sounds like Li was very professional in the way of dealing with your problem. Glad to hear you got sorted @diirtysoul .

I’m planning on buying from JTime, and I’m in the UK too, so hearing these stories helps. Thanks!

Hows the watch been since the repair @diirtysoul ?

Also, did you have any bother during delivery? Customs, etc.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
I’ve used li, jtime, Josh perfect clones, angus pure time, I could recommend them all too. I like li because like Josh and angus he’s a real watch enthusiast. I find that jtime Carry’s usually the best

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
^ this is a great example of a TD who is a credit to the sport.

Completely not his fault the movement failed and he paid for your repair. Incredible.

Hats off to JTime.

amgarreo

Horology Curious
13/7/22
I’ve used li, jtime, Josh perfect clones, angus pure time, I could recommend them all too. I like li because like Josh and angus he’s a real watch enthusiast. I find that jtime Carry’s usually the best
Hello, do you have Josh contact? It seems the email that I had is not working anymore