• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first order

dngu906

Horology Curious
9/2/17
noob here. finally took the plunge and ordered with Hont. reading through all the "first order" threads really helped me understand the process and timing. so i thought i'd post my ordering experiences as they come. i'll update this post accordingly.

Feb. 11, 2016 - placed my NOMOS tangente watch with Hont on his website, www.hontwatch.ru
immediately emailed Hont to get his info so that i could pay him via western union. currently waiting for response.

dngu906

Horology Curious
9/2/17
Feb 13, 2016 - hont emailed me this morning with his info. i just sent my payment via western union.

Watches44

Looking Around
10/2/17
When you did your Western Union transaction did you have it sent to a WU location or direct to his bank? Trying to figure out how to do mine

dngu906

Horology Curious
9/2/17
When you did your Western Union transaction did you have it sent to a WU location or direct to his bank? Trying to figure out how to do mine

i had it sent to a WU location. hont picked up the money without any issues.

dngu906

Horology Curious
9/2/17
That's a good start. I hope you get the QC pics soon. Waiting for the package to arrive is pain in butt. That's the only thing I hate in this game.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

i'm starting to learn this. sick form of torture we put ourselves through. i'm checking emails religiously for those QC pics.

dngu906

Horology Curious
9/2/17
Feb, 17, 2017
- hont emails saying when watch is ready he will ship asap.
- i email hont back asking if i will be getting QC pics before he ships. i also put a special note in my order asking for QC pics (like the instructions had ask) when i placed the order last week.

Feb 19, 2017
- hont emails me with a tracking number. obviously ignoring my request for QC pics...

as of right now there's not much i can do but trust hont and wait to see.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Feb, 17, 2017
- hont emails saying when watch is ready he will ship asap.
- i email hont back asking if i will be getting QC pics before he ships. i also put a special note in my order asking for QC pics (like the instructions had ask) when i placed the order last week.

Feb 19, 2017
- hont emails me with a tracking number. obviously ignoring my request for QC pics...

as of right now there's not much i can do but trust hont and wait to see.

Oh no...that doesn't sound good, but I think it'll be fine.

dngu906

Horology Curious
9/2/17
Feb. 21, 2017
- received my watch
- looks great except i suspect my mainspring may be broken? i am able to wind my watch endlessly without any resistance...although the watch seem to be working just fine at the moment.
- only other issue, thought i ordered a tangent 38 datem, but the back casing reads tangomat, so that was a surprise.