• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order - Shipping Question

Tronic!

Horology Curious
27/6/23
United States
Ordered a BLNR from Ctime in late June, which shipped on 7/2 and although the USPS tracking has been updated a few times since then with “Shipping Partner” updates, it’s not reached USPS as of yet.

I’ve read the FAQ and ordered a lot of rep items from China, so I have a sense for the process, but I’m accustomed to more detailed shipping updates. I usually see updates like “arrived outbound port, departed airport, arrived regionally, in customs, out of customs, arrived locally…”

Is there something I’m missing in terms of tracking? The point of origin for the shipment was in IL, not China, so that was confusing. Shouldn’t there be a tracking number from China to US? The shipping partner is Banana Express.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Given the nature of the goods, the shipping techniques used are often "creative"

what kind lf reps items did you buy from China?

Mully

Horology Curious
9/1/08
My tracking number from CTime linked to both FedEx and USPS. FedEx always said "In Transit" or something of the sort, but never changed. The USPS tracking had it coming from Jamaica, NY, (Jane, as some of you are probably familiar with) and showed tracking updates after a few days of my purchase. Long story short, my BLRO 3285 arrived to me in Maryland in 9 days. A new record for me in my experience. And the tracking never showed anything from out of the US, or anything having to do with Customs.
As Karbon74 stated, other orders I've made from different dealers have been anything but straightforward when it came to tracking. I've luckily always received my packages.
You definitely have to have patience in this hobby. And faith.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll soon get your BLNR from CTime.

Reactions: pooseyclot

jeffm1000

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/6/23
USA
You arent missing anything. Once it hits a US hub you'll likely see more detailed shipping info.

eBoy

🏥🚑 RWI New Members Mental Asylum Warden 🩺⛑️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light
Ordered a BLNR from Ctime in late June, which shipped on 7/2 and although the USPS tracking has been updated a few times since then with “Shipping Partner” updates, it’s not reached USPS as of yet.

I’ve read the FAQ and ordered a lot of rep items from China, so I have a sense for the process, but I’m accustomed to more detailed shipping updates. I usually see updates like “arrived outbound port, departed airport, arrived regionally, in customs, out of customs, arrived locally…”

Is there something I’m missing in terms of tracking? The point of origin for the shipment was in IL, not China, so that was confusing. Shouldn’t there be a tracking number from China to US? The shipping partner is Banana Express.
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official front desk team

You are receiving this reply either because you posted in the "New members say hi" section or because I spotted one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, please consider going to the aforementioned section and introduce yourself.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members section (all subsections) as they contain information for newbies and most importantly our forum rules!

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, this please take a look at this sticky thread:

If you need further help, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We're always happy to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

[This is NOT an automated message, despite it being a standard text. Replies will be read by an actual human!]

Tronic!

Horology Curious
27/6/23
United States
Given the nature of the goods, the shipping techniques used are often "creative"

what kind lf reps items did you buy from China?
Bags, shoes, clothes, real gold/diamond jewelry, etc. Some purchased and shipped directly from TDs, some from Aliexpress/taobao using a warehouse.

Never watches though, I just assumed shipping would have some degree of similarly to any of the above, but that hasn’t been the case at all.

Reactions: Karbon74

Tronic!

Horology Curious
27/6/23
United States
You arent missing anything. Once it hits a US hub you'll likely see more detailed shipping info.
I’ve had packages sit at Guangzhou airport for extended periods before finally making it on to a flight to the US, so I understand it takes time, but I always had a tracking number that would show me that info. Even in cases where it was handed off to USPS after customs. How does Ctime even know where the package is currently? I would think they have some tracking number from China to US, right? I know the origin isn’t truly Illinois as the tracking would lead me to believe.

18 days seems like a decently long amount of time for the package to not have arrived in the US yet.

Tronic!

Horology Curious
27/6/23
United States
My tracking number from CTime linked to both FedEx and USPS. FedEx always said "In Transit" or something of the sort, but never changed. The USPS tracking had it coming from Jamaica, NY, (Jane, as some of you are probably familiar with) and showed tracking updates after a few days of my purchase. Long story short, my BLRO 3285 arrived to me in Maryland in 9 days. A new record for me in my experience. And the tracking never showed anything from out of the US, or anything having to do with Customs.
As Karbon74 stated, other orders I've made from different dealers have been anything but straightforward when it came to tracking. I've luckily always received my packages.
You definitely have to have patience in this hobby. And faith.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll soon get your BLNR from CTime.
Appreciate the insight.

Reactions: jeffm1000

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/7/16
Appreciate the insight.
Same deal with mine from CTime. It's due to the chinese courier he uses, it's nothing to worry about. Took around 15-20 days for mine to arrive. You won't see much updates if any on the USPS side. Shipping works different in China, I'll explain it a little bit, they have hundreds, maybe thousands of different couriers that faciliate the Chinese side of things, and get it out of the country. Once it gets to the US it will get handled by USPS. It's not like in the US where you just drop it off at the USPS office, and they handle it from there. He can track if by contacting his courier directly, they'll be able to trace it, but you just gotta be patient, it's coming :)

Last edited:

Tronic!

Horology Curious
27/6/23
United States
My watch did eventually arrive 21 days after “shipping label created.”

Frustratingly it went from “USPS awaiting item” to “received regionally, processing for delivery”. No tracking was ever provided until it was already in my city and 1 day out from delivery.

Thanks all.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Good to hear. So how's the watch!?!?!

@Tronic! You are legally obligated to post at least 5 high resolution photos of your new watch within the next 48 hours.

Failure to comply will be punished by 72 hours of community service in the New Members Team. Your supervisor will be @Feefo who is known to assign convicts to tasks like for example the following ones:

A) You'll have to wear your new watch on your forehead for an entire day – you know, just so it can get some fresh air and a different perspective on life!

B) We'll send a team of mischievous squirrels to steal your watch and take it on an adventure around town. Good luck tracking down those little watch thieves!

C) You'll have to compose a heartfelt ballad dedicated to your watch and perform it in front of your friends and family. Who wouldn't want to hear a song about a watch, right?

So, as you see, better to spare yourself the embarrassment of wearing your watch on your head, losing it to squirrels or having to sing about it. Just post the damn photos! 🤪

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
@Tronic! just comply. @eBoy has been unstable the last days. He'll hold to his word, I've seen his squirrel nursery myself. Usually sells them to various countires' warlords, they're trained to transport and place IEDs.

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
@Tronic! just comply. @eBoy has been unstable the last days. He'll hold to his word, I've seen his squirrel nursery myself. Usually sells them to various countires' warlords, they're trained to transport and place IEDs.
200.gif

Be Quiet Season 5 GIF by Friends

Don't reveal even more RWI top-secrets. Your leak of the Iranian F-4s flown by @mclarendude was bad enough! 🙄😕

WatchGuy49

Looking Around
27/6/23
Illinois
I’m in the same situation. Bought a clean factory Rolex rootbeer with DD3285 on 8/7. Approved QC on 8/8 and given USPS number on 8/9. I would have loved the tracking number from China to US to see what’s going on. According to Ctime it hasn’t cleared customs yet. The tracking number given to me the usps number shows in woodridge Illinois with banana express shipping partner. I want to jump on a clean factory panda Daytona but I want to make sure this one gets delivered first.

Reactions: CTime