• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order from PureTime - IWC UTC Spitfire

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So the question is why is this shipping method still listed as highly recommended on your site and why are you charging for it.
Although we don’t use the UK forwarding now, we have used more expensive and faster express to Germany for customers who select the UK transfer service. We apologise for the misunderstanding caused and we will rename this shipping method to avoid same problem.

Since the UK left the EU, we have not used the UK to transfer, and we have to use the more expensive express to send it.

aster_x

Known Member
5/11/22
Although we don’t use the UK forwarding now, we have used more expensive and faster express to Germany for customers who select the UK transfer service. We apologise for the misunderstanding caused and we will rename this shipping method to avoid same problem.

Since the UK left the EU, we have not used the UK to transfer, and we have to use the more expensive express to send it.
Ok, I see. Just out of curiosity: how long does it take to deliver (and send) such package? Because since January 2, status of my parcel is: "The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically" and nothing changes.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
It takes as long as your DHL man takes to lay your watch in the pouring rain on your neighbors doorstep.

aster_x

Known Member
5/11/22
It takes as long as your DHL man takes to lay your watch in the pouring rain on your neighbors doorstep.
:ROFLMAO:
Perhaps my post was unclear due to my poor English. From the tracking it looks like the sender provided the parcel details to DHL, but still (since January 2) has not actually sent it. Not the package got stuck at the delivery branch/courier.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We inquired with the freight company, this kind of logistics tracking number will only be updated when it arrives at the local area, if the status is not updated, it means that it is in transit, please wait patiently :)

Reactions: aster_x

aster_x

Known Member
5/11/22
16/01 - WATCH ARRIVED

Long story short: I am satisfied.

Explanation:
1. Customer service:
I'm very happy. Very good contact with the seller (better here on the forum than by e-mail). The first shipment was detained by Chinese customs officials. The package was returned to sender and resent via another company. The tracking number has been provided asap. Shipping was quite expensive.
2. Watch quality (first impressions):
The watch is very nice. Suitably heavy. The case is the right size. It gives the impression of being made of the right material. Lume is clear, the coating is clearly visible, blue. I'm not sure if this is true or an optical illusion, but the hands appear to be bent upwards. Unfortunately, there is a small gap in the golden rim (white dot) at the tip of the hour hand. I have not checked the accuracy or waterproofness. Manufacturer: ZF.
3. Strap quality:
Strap looks nice but smells cheap. Really. Smells like cheap, plastic "leather". It's stiff and hard, but it has the right length. Unfortunately, there is no trapezoidal stitching at the end, so at first glance you can see that it is not gen.
4. Box quality:
I've ordered IWC travel box as well. Unfortunately, the box is the poorest quality of all set. It has little to do with the gen: it is black and similar in shape. The material it's made of is even worse than the strap material. It's not leather of course and the texture is incorrect. It should be "wrinkled" (I don't know how to define it in English, it's like creases) and it's smooth. Inner lining should be beige chamois and it is black cloth. The latch is smaller and non-magnetic. The manufacturer's logo is on the front and it should be on top and in a different font. IMHO it's not worth even 38$. Blank warranty card have been included.
Summary:
I like the watch, I am happy with the purchase. I would make this choice again, although I have to say that I have no comparison with the gen. The strap is poor and I will probably replace it with an gen or custom made one. The box is flimsy, I will definitely not buy it again.