• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order from Lucy

vicente28

Known Member
23/10/16
At the beginning of March I started my search of my first rep . I chose IWC 3777 chrono LPP and after some lurking I contacted some TD picking up Lucy . After some informative emails I placed the order.

13/03/2017 : Order placed and payment sent. Received confirmation after a few hours.
14/03/2017 : QC received , Asked some other pics .
16/03/2017: QC part 2 , accepted after timegraph and Lucy's movement tests.
17/03/2017 : Movement is a little fast ,so it need a calibration from Lucy before shipping. Very well.

to be continued...

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
At the beginning of March I started my search of my first rep . I chose IWC 3777 chrono LPP and after some lurking I contacted some TD picking up Lucy . After some informative emails I placed the order.

13/03/2017 : Order placed and payment sent. Received confirmation after a few hours.
14/03/2017 : QC received , Asked some other pics .
16/03/2017: QC part 2 , accepted after timegraph and Lucy's movement tests.
17/03/2017 : Movement is a little fast ,so it need a calibration from Lucy before shipping. Very well.

to be continued...

You won't be disappointed. Lucy is a great TD. I have commissioned her to do several purchases for me and all have been spot on.

vicente28

Known Member
23/10/16
Updating...:
23/03/17 : She brought the watch for fix it the 20th and testing it for 2 days again. Received time graph tests , accepted.
Waiting for shipping....

vicente28

Known Member
23/10/16
Unfortunately seems that watchmaker that adjusted my piece ,made some scratches on the back case. Lucy sent to ZF to replace it .

vicente28

Known Member
23/10/16
ZF really messed up with this watch . Lucy didn't ship yet ,'cause of QC problems....

couleur

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/9/12
Did you get your watch yet? Im still waiting for Lucy to ship mine :(

atgm

Respected Member
Patron
21/11/15
ZF really messed up with this watch . Lucy didn't ship yet ,'cause of QC problems....

It happens a lot, unfortunately... in the beginning, I was annoyed that it always took so long with Lucy while other people were receiving lots of watches, but now I'm happy knowing that I'll get a watch that's been thoroughly checked!

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
As @atgm said just be patient. I've had one on order from Lucy for about 6 weeks. I rejected one amd she has rejected a couple of others from ZF. As she says ZF make beautiful watches but their QC is really poor.

Sent from the RWI App

vicente28

Known Member
23/10/16
Did you get your watch yet? Im still waiting for Lucy to ship mine :(
I was a little bit concerned about this order cause of many delay due to QC issues. First was time too fast (gently fixed by Lucy), then case back scratches, after replace it another scratches on the clasp, then again the case back scratched and the last news is about a dirty dial. Very disappointed about ZF's QC. It seems that they don't check their watches. Buying from this factory is almost obligatory taking the order from Lucy. She's doing a QC that factory doesn't apply.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
... order from Lucy. She's doing a QC that factory doesn't apply.

How is that possible? Could somebody enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

She carefully looks the watch over then watches it in operation for a couple of days. If it's not working properly she gets another watch. I've always been very happy with her service.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Yes :) many people see her as one of the best TD's . Outstanding service/quality, communication and personality. Also, QC takes time - very understandable and actually admirable.

Very likely I misunderstood when vicente28 said: "Last QC showed a crooked marker ......pfffff"
There are 2 interpretations:
1. Lucy got a watch from ZF factory, did a quality control (QC) and found a crooked marker - since ZF is known for bad QC, that was the best she could do for the time being.
2. Lucy got a watch from ZF factory, did a quality control (QC), took pics, presented the pics to the costumer (vincente28), the costumer spotted the crooked markers - can't believe that because Lucy is well known for being a stickler for quality and if she does a thorough QC herself - how is it that a crooked marker shows up in the QC pics when presented to the costumer?

Also, hard to imagine Lucy would cooperate with a watchmaker who would scratch the back of a watch???

Hence asking for the light :)

truetime168

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
18/5/13
Oh,friends,I saw you are talking about that crooked marker,
yes,that order almost make me crazy,send back to ZF more than 10 times,
every time,solved this small problem,bring a new problem on it,
most of them are scratch,because they need open the case back,sometime,bring scratch on case back,sometime on clasp,bracelet,etc,
they really not carefully when deal with a watch,so I have to send it back again and again to change parts,

here,I must say vicente28 really is a very good customer,he know I tried my best for him,and he understand me always,
and to me,I can understand him totally too,this is his first order,delay so much time,if it's me,will unhappy too,but he always understand me,
really appreciate it,

the last time,when I feel all scratches solved,he found that crooked marker of 6,
it's a little crooked indeed,maybe when they solve other problem caused it crooked,not sure,
so I send it back to ZF again to change a new dial,and thank goodness,this time,no new scratch,
then after test,I send it out,just recently,shipping is very slow,so seems he haven't get it still,really hope he can get it soon,

friend,ZF's watch is beautiful and good indeed,just their QC is really not good,
so every time,order from them,I need much more carefully about those orders,
no matter to me or to you,all need patience,so hope you can understand too,

in fact,in the market,all my friends(other dealers) and factories already think I am too picky,so when deal with these things,
I really need do too many more works,for to most dealers,they will ignore small problems and send out directly,

so here,if you want to order a watch from ZF,please prepare your patience,and me,will try my best for you always too.

Regards
Lucy

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
most of them are scratch,because they need open the case back,sometime,bring scratch on case back,sometime on clasp,bracelet,etc,
they really not carefully when deal with a watch,so I have to send it back again and again to change parts,

here,I must say vicente28 really is a very good customer,he know I tried my best for him,and he understand me always,
and to me,I can understand him totally too,this is his first order,delay so much time,if it's me,will unhappy too,but he always understand me,
really appreciate it,

the last time,when I feel all scratches solved,he found that crooked marker of 6,
it's a little crooked indeed,maybe when they solve other problem caused it crooked,not sure,
so I send it back to ZF again to change a new dial,and thank goodness,this time,no new scratch,
then after test,I send it out,just recently,shipping is very slow,so seems he haven't get it still,really hope he can get it soon,

friend,ZF's watch is beautiful and good indeed,just their QC is really not good,
so every time,order from them,I need much more carefully about those orders,
no matter to me or to you,all need patience,so hope you can understand too,

in fact,in the market,all my friends(other dealers) and factories already think I am too picky,so when deal with these things,
I really need do too many more works,for to most dealers,they will ignore small problems and send out directly,

so here,if you want to order a watch from ZF,please prepare your patience,and me,will try my best for you always too.

Regards
Lucy

Hi Lucy :)
very much appreciate you and didn't mean to alarm you in any way!
Your reputation is impeccable and the experienced members here where very clear in explaining it to me, especially silverfox47:
"Just think of it this way. Lucy look's at the watch as if she herself were going to wear it."
Therefore, thank you again for taking the time to explain it very clearly in person.

vicente28

Known Member
23/10/16

really appreciate it,

Lucy
Dear Lucy ,
the watch is finally here and it's beatiful . Thank you!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Lucy is the "World's Best TD" aka "My Personal Watch Shopper". If you are patient and don't mind waiting as long as it takes you are rewarded with the best watch possible. You can always find a TD that is faster and cheaper but not as good as Lucy.