• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First modded Cr PO 45.5 mm?

DMS

Renowned Member
31/12/09
Nice job there!It makes the watch complete now.

I've got a question for you; how exactly did you take the bezel insert out? Just put a knife between the inner or outer ring of the bezel?

I am thinking of doing a matte clear coat finish on my pumpkin bezel to make it gen like. The colour is quite right, just too much shine instead of the gen like matte finish.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Nice job there!It makes the watch complete now.

I've got a question for you; how exactly did you take the bezel insert out? Just put a knife between the inner or outer ring of the bezel?

I am thinking of doing a matte clear coat finish on my pumpkin bezel to make it gen like. The colour is quite right, just too much shine instead of the gen like matte finish.

Take the crystal out, otherwise it will be hard to take the insert off. When you have taken the crystal off, you can see that there is a good space between the insert and the bezel in the inner side of them (where the crystal is attached).

Do not go to outer side, you will ruin the insert. I don't know if you can take the complete bezel off without then having to remove the crystal, but might be tricky.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Great results, looks 10x better.

@sunnydale I see you are also in Finland like myself, Im in Kuopio.

I plan on getting the 45 CrPO in blue in the near future. Would you be able to help me with regards AR for it? Or source a new crystal for me?

DMS

Renowned Member
31/12/09
Take the crystal out, otherwise it will be hard to take the insert off. When you have taken the crystal off, you can see that there is a good space between the insert and the bezel in the inner side of them (where the crystal is attached).

Do not go to outer side, you will ruin the insert. I don't know if you can take the complete bezel off without then having to remove the crystal, but might be tricky.

Check! Thnx! Will sleep over it, before attempting haha!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Great results, looks 10x better.

@sunnydale I see you are also in Finland like myself, Im in Kuopio.

I plan on getting the 45 CrPO in blue in the near future. Would you be able to help me with regards AR for it? Or source a new crystal for me?

Atm I don't have any 45.5 mm crystals. I will think about it.

Check! Thnx! Will sleep over it, before attempting haha!

Try it, parts were so high quality it was easy to do.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Thanks, no rush my friend, won't be for another month or so before I get my 45mm crPO anyways.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
lovely hey sunny, all your UPO doubled AR'd xtals all gone?
Is this the one you have sold months back?
very nice mod!!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Thanks all!

lovely hey sunny, all your UPO doubled AR'd xtals all gone?
Is this the one you have sold months back?
very nice mod!!

Yes all crystals are gone. This is not one of the UPO crystals I sold, this is from one AR round with my local lab (just this one coated to see the results). Transparency is superb but the remaining reflection is greenish when you see it.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Please take the time and read before asking/posting if SunnyDale has any more crystals.

Sunnydale, do you have any more crystals for the 45.5? No I do not. Will there be another run? Not in the near future.

Until then, lobby your dealer for a V2.

That is all, thanks for reading this.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

sunnydale

29/8/09
Please take the time and read before asking/posting if SunnyDale has any more crystals.

Sunnydale, do you have any more crystals for the 45.5? No I do not. Will there be another run? Not in the near future.

Until then, lobby your dealer for a V2.

That is all, thanks for reading this.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

Thanks friend! Indeed, V2 is the way to go now.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Took some more pics, I am really impressed by the quality of this watch. Side to side with my Franken UPO with a genuine Omega bracelet and all, this feels 100 % as genuine. Weight, finish, all. And, IMHO this is a better looker than old PO.

WP_000417800x600_zps5e310cca.jpg

Anything missing in this picture?

WP_000414800x608_zpsc016b894.jpg

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Really does look good man. I can see why you are so happy and want to make other 45mm owners jealous.

I am either going to have to buy a 42mm, wait for the V2 or buy a gen Omega crystal. Oh the options I am dealing with.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Really does look good man. I can see why you are so happy and want to make other 45mm owners jealous.

I am either going to have to buy a 42mm, wait for the V2 or buy a gen Omega crystal. Oh the options I am dealing with.

Me, I am not trying to make other jealous :)

WP_000423800x600_zps849bc57f.jpg

First member to install a genuine crystal will make me jealous!

randychuah

Known Member
14/12/10
Anyone have an idea how much a gen 45.5 crystal with AR costs? was looking in ofrei and im pretty confused with all the part numbers :S

sunnydale

29/8/09
Anyone have an idea how much a gen 45.5 crystal with AR costs? was looking in ofrei and im pretty confused with all the part numbers :S

I just checked and it is around usd180-200 shipped. Check R2D4s thread of 45.5 mm UPO genuine part numbers. Until someone has tried one, you cannot be exactly 100 % sure it will fit but should because rep UPO crystal fits.

albiea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/13
heres the code from cousins uk ... 062SB3063

it's currently 142 pounds. tempted to get one in a few weeks

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
What do you think of this one ?

image_zps91eda875.jpg