• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First impressions: Omega PO New 7750 Chrono (Orange)*update*

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
nice review........you should move to sunny Germany...... the sun is shining now since 4 weeks, we need rain

mullerhawk said:
Jupp,

But it's awful weather here, so it's going to take a couple of days! Need sunshine here...

No idéa to take indoor shots, need a better camera for that. But be sure, it will come a.s.a.p... 8)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
What did you do with the chronos? Did you play with them which means:
Start it and then stop it after 2 sec? or did you push the reset when it was not running?

Andrew has a instruction guide on his page what you should not do with the A7750.

I have 5 A7750 chronos and they all work perfect. I do not use the chrono so often but all of them
reset perfect. 2 of them are sec@6 for Daytona......no problem at all.

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Well,

I started the chrono (just for the hell of it...) let it run for a couple of minutes just to see everything working as it should. Stopped it a couple of seconds after the twelve marker. Reset it (never reset it without running, same rules apply to my gen SMP). It jumped what felt like a lap + little bit more, stopped a couple of seconds after the twelve marker. Tried the trick to let the chrono run until almost twelve to let it reset to the direction closest to twelve. But no difference. Tried a couple of times and then the seconds counter on the chrono (while running) froze at differens positions. And after a while it refused to run unless you tapped the watch gently (so it seems it's slipping somehow on some gears. Especially since the 30-min counter is not moving. But the 12h chrono counter DOES!).

Well, so much for fiddeling with them. It's not so important they work - since the watch,date and seconds counter works. But i would like the seconds counter to be aligned with the twelve marker.

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Oh joy (as quoted by Ren & Stimpy) :p

The joy of being a bit handy - today I teared down my PO totally and fixed all of the problems by reading Ziggyzumba's three articles on the 7750 movement (80 pages of good information with pictures on RWG). There were two main problems:

1. The seconds counter had jumped ahead about 1 1/2 sec. I fixed that by taking out the movement and simply push the seconds lever (very carefully) with the backside of a pliats pencil (the kind with a rubber on the back). Unfortunentally I did not have a remover for the arms. Otherwise i would have epoxy glued the arm back-on to avoid this mishap in the future. But this gives me another reason to open it up and relume it someday!

2. The chrono functions stopped working totally. If you shook the watch carefully you could make them move. The problem was this small spring that had jumped out of position. That spring makes the seconds counter connect to the second wheel of the watch. Without the spring it moved freely with the help of gravity. Making it not working all the time - easy to fix with a small pair of tweezers and a steady hand! (*picture courtesy of Ziggyzumba)

Only problem was to put back the movement holders three screws that keeps the movement snug to the casing. My fingers were a bit too big, so it took like thirty minutes of agony and rage. But it was worth it in the end.

armspring.jpg

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Nice work my friend, makes you love the watch even more, doesn't it?

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
For sure, now I really appreciate it. I was about to give up on the 7750´s. But this puts things into a new perspective.

andreww said:
Nice work my friend, makes you love the watch even more, doesn't it?

nietzsche

Known Member
9/1/07
The caliber 3313 that is used in the PO chrono and the boardarrow speedmasters is not based off the 7750, it is an Omega in house movement. it is based on F. Piguet’s 1185 column wheel chronograph