• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First impressions: Omega PO New 7750 Chrono (Orange)*update*

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Got my first rep last thursday - but defenintly not my last...

The amazin thing is that this sucker is more accurate than my gen SMP chronograph is (any bids?). So far it keeps time within a minute á 24h - which my gen never have done (Q.C. at Omega?! Grrrr.. ) I even used it as i've been using my gen. Showering, fiddeling with the chrono functions (nothing broke so far - even the dials are still perfectly aligned).

Look at the size of that sucker! Needless to say - the SMP is also big, but this looks huge in comparison. It's late evening here in Sweden, and I have not had the time to take some more photographs. But i will - trust me! The watch is really nice - the overall feeling compared to the SMP is not that huge. The perl is ofcourse a bit of a sad puppy. Plus the crown is flimsy if you compare bits and pieces. But the feeling/noice of the 7750 asia and the gen swiss movement is not even noticable. The feeling of the pushbuttons and how the arms sweeps is astounding! The subdial spacing doesn't bother me - the crown issue does though! I dont know if this is a monday exemplary or if it's the crown tubing that makes the crown this loose - but this is only when you unscrew it you notice it. Otherwise the watch is rock solid - and im a happy puppy!

What else can I say - im now officially hooked in the world of quality replicas! The Panerai fewer has now also hit me - 177H here i come!! Only problem is which version to chose.. (decitions, decition... :? )

Meet my family, it's small - but growing! :D
omega_family.jpg

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I really wish the chronos on this rep were spaced properly and the correct size.....I really like this watch :cry: :cry: :cry:

mricky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/06
Sweet watches. I have the PO chrono quartz version with the correct dial spacing, and it was my first rep. I have been thinking of upgrading to the bigger chrono version. I think Im sold.

Any wrist shots coming?

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Jupp,

But it's awful weather here, so it's going to take a couple of days! Need sunshine here...

No idéa to take indoor shots, need a better camera for that. But be sure, it will come a.s.a.p... 8)

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Interesting.. Tonight I popped the lid on my PO, it was quite easy to open with both thumbs. And surprise! It's not like in the pictures - It's better :D *ohh joy*.. The whole movement oozes of quality! The even the rotor is nicely decorated, and the gear looks really good from what I can see. It's hard to believe that this movement is an Asian copy.

surprise.jpg

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Your gen omega loses a minute a day? There is something wrong with it.

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Jupp,

Me beeing to lazy to fix it. I tested it on a watch counter when they had advertisement for a watch course on a tradeshow i was on. And it was moving a bit too slow - and has allways done that for some reason. It's not so bad though, it's loosing about 10min / month.

supermanx said:
Your gen omega loses a minute a day? There is something wrong with it.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Don't be surprised... I have heard another bad story about this watch. Date change at 3 am... long repair time, problem not rectified. I can guarantee that my own tuned ETA7750 can do much better job that COSC timer... it's been keeping dead on time for 2 weeks.

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Mmm..

It might be a $3500 watch - but the QC from Omega is not what it should be. Today i know better, it's just a mass produced watch with a generic swiss movement (Valjoux 7750 based). Might be that Omega makes some small adjustments to the movement, but in my case (and from the mouth of the sales woman - which happens to be my nextdoor neighbour :roll: ) the 7750 series in Omegas is quit well known by AD's to laag a bit after a while. I dunno if this is lack of QC from Omega - or if is is due to the movement needing adjustment after a couple of months of armtime.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@seadweller: he is referring to his genuine SMP Chrono. It has no Coax.

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
whoops my fault. Thought he was referring to PO chrono... which is advanced as far as I know...
SMP chrono is a simple ETA7750. You're right.

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Yes. The GEN SMP is using a slightly modified Valjoux 7750. I dunno about the PO since the subdial spacing is different - is it using a 7753 modifed by Omega with co-axial gears?

But on the other hand - here in Sweden you can get the SMP chrono for about $3400, but the PO chrono retails on the cheapes AD's for $5850. So there must be a significant difference in the movement. Or it's just something to do with supply and demand!

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Haha,

So much for the new and improved 28.8bps 7750 movement. Yesterday when testrunning the chrono i reset it, and the seconds counter jumped ahead about 2sek (i reset it at 1 to avoid the classic whiplash effect). But it stuck in the wrong place anyways. Tested again and the watch totaly froze. Reset it again and the watch started running, but the chrono function was not working anymore. Tested it for a longer time and it seems to be the seconds / 30 min counters have given up. The 12h counter on the chrono still works thogh!

Any idéa what to do? Or has the movement gone to the shithouse!?

I should have listened to peoples warnings about the 7750 - but Noooooo *stupid*. Owell, leasson learned! Too bad, i really like the chronos!

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
this is why i never, ever play with the chronos.... i know it sounds silly because they should be functional but i consider them just for looks...