• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Impressions: ARF V3 Sea-Dweller 43.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Its really weird how they cant make Sub the same...
Anyways, just watched the video on Trusty and hands lume is much weaker than markers. Do you have a lume shot? Thanks

N5Xbb.jpg

Reactions: Cadows

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
V3 is for sure a keeper! Congrats on your beauty! Go for an eta upgrade ????.
23b694ba08b0a92b17fe3cfe478e61c2.jpg

94ce6800f7410003eac0c97e15d2c81d.jpg

Mine says hello!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mclarendude

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Can you swim with it?

Yes. Like just about every other premium Rolex and Omega diver made in the past couple years, its quite water-resistant. I regulate the movement and silicone the seals when I first get them, and they hold up very well. I live on the water, do a lot of boating, and wear my watches in the pool and in the jacuzzi often. I don't go beyond 10ft in depth, but this case and seals should hold up well.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Yes. Like just about every other premium Rolex and Omega diver made in the past couple years, its quite water-resistant. I regulate the movement and silicone the seals when I first get them, and they hold up very well. I live on the water, do a lot of boating, and wear my watches in the pool and in the jacuzzi often. I don't go beyond 10ft in depth, but this case and seals should hold up well.

Just a link to a silicone that your using and im out of questions I swear ;)

Reactions: OldNavitimer

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
Nope. Bone stock ARF v3. Just got lucky on my 4th copy.

I finally found one CONUS and hope to be receiving it next week I'm excited to get it, but this comment worries me.

Are you saying that you've had a total of 4 ARF V3's, and the first three were not up to par?

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Are you saying that you've had a total of 4 ARF V3's, and the first three were not up to par?

No, not at all what I was saying. I've had several ARF SD43s...I keep buying them and then selling them as other watches get more wear in the ridiculous rotation of mine. Then I miss it and I buy another one. Then the new ZZF v2 Sub comes out and I think I like that better, so I sell the next ARF SD43 V2 I had....because its silly to have more than one black Rolex diver.... ;-)
Then the RubberB strap comes out with the black/red version and I get the hots for a SD43 again, this time a v3. That one had the too-thick date font, which was more apparent when I upgraded it with a Prof Xtal. So I changed my mind again and sold that one. And I got the itch again..... see a pattern here?

All four have been excellent watches. One had some paint flake off from the numbers in the insert, and all others were fine. One had too thick a date font, but the others were fine. One had a rocking bezel, but the others were fine. One had a slightly hazy cyclops, but the others were fine. My current version has everything good except a rocking bezel. I'll get around to fixing that soon enough.

No watch is perfect. But they were all up to par or I wouldn't have bought them.

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
No, not at all what I was saying. I've had several ARF SD43s...I keep buying them and then selling them as other watches get more wear in the ridiculous rotation of mine. Then I miss it and I buy another one. Then the new ZZF v2 Sub comes out and I think I like that better, so I sell the next ARF SD43 V2 I had....because its silly to have more than one black Rolex diver.... ;-)
Then the RubberB strap comes out with the black/red version and I get the hots for a SD43 again, this time a v3. That one had the too-thick date font, which was more apparent when I upgraded it with a Prof Xtal. So I changed my mind again and sold that one. And I got the itch again..... see a pattern here?

All four have been excellent watches. One had some paint flake off from the numbers in the insert, and all others were fine. One had too thick a date font, but the others were fine. One had a rocking bezel, but the others were fine. One had a slightly hazy cyclops, but the others were fine. My current version has everything good except a rocking bezel. I'll get around to fixing that soon enough.

No watch is perfect. But they were all up to par or I wouldn't have bought them.

I understand your logic more than you know. lol!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Its really weird how they cant make Sub the same...

All reps are inconsistent. Sometimes they are great, and then something goes wrong - bad lume, bad cyclops, bad something esle...

For a few brief moments, ARF have knocked this one out of the park - you can get one with no 3.5x cyclops, no comedy date font.

I got mine just before they fixed the sharp bezel - the end of March 2018. I fixed it with the simple folks mod...

Apart from the insert, which is engraved a little deep, reps done get any better than this.

IMG-3419.jpg

​​​​​​​

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
All reps are inconsistent. Sometimes they are great, and then something goes wrong - bad lume, bad cyclops, bad something esle...

For a few brief moments, ARF have knocked this one out of the park - you can get one with no 3.5x cyclops, no comedy date font.

I got mine just before they fixed the sharp bezel - the end of March 2018. I fixed it with the simple folks mod...

Apart from the insert, which is engraved a little deep, reps done get any better than this.

IMG-3419.jpg

Just WOW

2470f2.8ii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/16
man i've had 3 dssds now. they're always just a bit too top heavy but i love the watch design
i was looking to get a sd4k but the lack of 904L is a turn off.

can anyone tell me if any dssd clasps will fit on this sd43? preferably the 116660. id like to have the sd43 with a dssd clasp :)

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
This my 2nd SD43, had a ARF V2 before, but this one seems a bit more mmm!!...if you get what I mean...it’s off for a service and waterproofing next week and might consider a bezel insert upgrade...is it spongebob who does these and is he still doing them?
64c6de0fd32467f5da9b912207d4422d.jpg

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
V3 this one

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
mclarendude Nice choice. Mine says Gday! It's my daily beater since I got it in May. The SD4K and SubC are too small on my wrist for my liking now. Wear yours in great health.
4d63c.jpg