• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First ever order

davidswatchbuyingaccount

Horology Curious
26/4/24
After reading about a zillion threads, I selected Ctime to make my first purchase through.

I initially reached out to them on 3/26, but it was after hours Friday. I told them I understood it was the weekend and did not expect a reply until Monday.

3/28, Sunday afternoon they replied. They confirmed they had the watch I wanted (Rolex Submariner 126610LN with ceramic bezel VSF), confirmed the price and that they would do the waterproofing test.

3/29 they sent the email address for PPFF. I sent the money. I am currently waiting on confirmation that they received it. I expect pictures/video of the watch around the end of this week. I will keep this posted updated as things progress.

ALEXIS21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/9/15
After reading about a zillion threads, I selected Ctime to make my first purchase through.

I initially reached out to them on 3/26, but it was after hours Friday. I told them I understood it was the weekend and did not expect a reply until Monday.

3/28, Sunday afternoon they replied. They confirmed they had the watch I wanted (Rolex Submariner 126610LN with ceramic bezel VSF), confirmed the price and that they would do the waterproofing test.

3/29 they sent the email address for PPFF. I sent the money. I am currently waiting on confirmation that they received it. I expect pictures/video of the watch around the end of this week. I will keep this posted updated as things progress.
What needs to be done to make it waterproof ?

davidswatchbuyingaccount

Horology Curious
26/4/24
What needs to be done to make it waterproof ?
To my understanding, the watches from the factory may or may not be waterproof but you don't want to drop it in water to find out (because the watch will be ruined if it isn't). So Ctime has a vacuum chamber that they pump all the air out of to test to see if the watch has an air tight seal. If it does, then it should be waterproof, at least for shallow swimming.

davidswatchbuyingaccount

Horology Curious
26/4/24
Ctime confirmed receipt of payment on Monday 3/29 and promised QC via Whatsapp. I haven't heard back from this yet and it's now 5/3. I messaged them yesterday, 5/2 to see if I could get an estimate of when I could expect to receive the QC. I haven't received a response yet and it shows they haven't been online since 5/1. I know I am probably being being overly twitchy but is this normal? A lot of the other reviews have indicated a 24-48 hr turn around for QC.

Thanks for the advice!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
To my understanding, the watches from the factory may or may not be waterproof but you don't want to drop it in water to find out (because the watch will be ruined if it isn't). So Ctime has a vacuum chamber that they pump all the air out of to test to see if the watch has an air tight seal. If it does, then it should be waterproof, at least for shallow swimming.
There is no such thing as a water proof watch. Gen or rep. There are different levels of water resistance. I would not trust a test done before the watch ships. You should have it tested locally if you plan on swimming with it.

Baldylocks

Horology Curious
17/5/24
Thinking about placing an order with them, but this seems like a long time for a watch that was "in stock". Was the increase in lead time for the waterproofing?

Erect

Aroused By Anything Vintage
Supporter
Certified
9/2/24
EU
Thinking about placing an order with them, but this seems like a long time for a watch that was "in stock". Was the increase in lead time for the waterproofing?
What are a few days in a human lifetime?